• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Whole lot of Deshaun Watson chatter happening out there

Zod

Just now, top dawg said:

Using political figures and those that support them is the best example I could use. The reason you don't see it is because you don't want to see it. And fug you for trying to call people POS human beings just because they would support Watson coming here if he is not deemed criminally liable. There's a reason for American jurisprudence. There's a reason for criminal and civil law. There s also a nuanced distinction between pervert and predator. 

Nuanced, a word used to skirt around difficult decisions that involve people you look up to.  Yes, anyone that is willing to give up their integrity to try to win a football game has the same moral deficiencies.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

When it’s out there in your face it’s difficult to ignore. I’m not saying to do full background checks on everyone on the roster, but we KNOW he has been accused by a lot of women and are interested in him as a leader of this team? Where do you draw the line? Do you want Bill Cosby to help with scouting? How about Harvey Weinstein? 

But if it's morally reprehensible, aren't we therefore obligated to conduct such an inquiry into every player. "It's not bad if we don't know about it" doesn't seem like something that would fly anywhere but maybe Twitter. 

To my knowledge, neither Bill Cosby nor Harvey Weinstein has the requisite knowledge to help a football team. But if you're asking if I'd watch a movie one of them put out, yes, if it was a great movie that interested me. Sure. 

Just now, Jon Snow said:

Nuanced, a word used to skirt around difficult decisions that involve people you look up to.  Yes, anyone that is willing to give up their integrity to try to win a football game has the same moral deficiencies.  

I think more than half of America has moral deficiencies for one reason or another. But keep on cherry picking atop your high horse.

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It would be morbidly hilarious if after the league forced JR to sell for creeping on some secretaries that Tepper turns around and trades for a QB with dozens of sexual misconduct cases hanging over his head.

Exactly right 

people saying they support this guy no matter what must not have wives, girlfriends, sisters.   

they would all do well to go watch the documentary series about Cosby on Showtime to understand how the famous and the rich can easily manipulate those who are not

if Tepper, who touts all he believes about equality for women and minorities bring this guy in, I won’t support it    I’m out 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

yep, and then there's Joe Mixon who is on video knocking a girl out cold at Oklahoma, and they kept him on scholarship...

but Ridley gets suspended a year for gambling $1,500 on fanduel. 

• Pie 1

Just now, Double Trouble said:

yep, and then there's Joe Mixon who is on video knocking a girl out cold at Oklahoma, and they kept him on scholarship...

but Ridley gets suspended a year for gambling $1,500 on fanduel. 

Mixon at least did his dirty deed in College. He's been an upstanding citizen since. Hurt his Draft stock though. 

10 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

People will be upset if the trade goes down but they'll get over it eventually like everyone does with every other bad person in the nfl

Yeah I really don’t care either way tbh.  Just the people who are trying to guilt trip others for being ok with it. Top Dawg mentioned what I said months ago in another Watson thread that doesn’t need to be rehashed by me.

It’s just entertainment. This isn’t real life high stakes poo. He’ll definitely be a big part in helping this org win games and that’s what this is about. 

• Pie 1

If we trade away multiple draft picks and starters, would we have enough cap room to go on a shopping spree to replace them with free agents? Or would we be forced to field a team of scrubs, particularly on the oline after an oline rich draft, with a generational talent/sex pest under center?

1 minute ago, TheRumGone said:

Yeah I really don’t care either way tbh.  Just the people who are trying to guilt trip others for being ok with it. Top Dawg mentioned what I said months ago in another Watson thread that doesn’t need to be rehashed by me.

It’s just entertainment. This isn’t real life high stakes poo. He’ll definitely be a big part in helping this org win games and that’s what this is about. 

Yeah the guilt tripping is annoying. 

• Pie 1

28 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

People will be upset if the trade goes down but they'll get over it eventually like everyone does with every other bad person in the nfl

When the league goes out of its way to promote someone, I guess NFL fans have little choice but to "get over it."

The league, television and fans alike got past Ray Lewis being involved in a murder....

14 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

But if it's morally reprehensible, aren't we therefore obligated to conduct such an inquiry into every player. "It's not bad if we don't know about it" doesn't seem like something that would fly anywhere but maybe Twitter. 

To my knowledge, neither Bill Cosby nor Harvey Weinstein has the requisite knowledge to help a football team. But if you're asking if I'd watch a movie one of them put out, yes, if it was a great movie that interested me. Sure. 

People have different lines morally. Supporting a football that knowingly doesn’t care about sexual assault/crimes is a strong line for a lot of people. If people are against it the best way to change it is to stop financially supporting it. 

• Beer 1

19 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I think more than half of America has moral deficiencies for one reason or another. But keep on cherry picking atop your high horse.

I'm not above reproach. But I'm not a lier, theif, murder or predator.  Not cherry picking anything here. It's not hard to grasp. If I know or discover someone fitting that description I do not try to justify any of those actions because I happen to like them for whatever reason.  I would expect any reasonable person would feel the same way if it were me.  It's my choice to not be part of the mental gymnastics it takes to justify ignoring 20+ accusers because the guy can football.  

When he buys his way out of it while the nfl continues to look the other way you can  proclaim victory that it was all a nothing burger.  In the meantime I have people I have to look in the eyes each day and tell them why you just can't do whatever you want because it gets you off.

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Flames 1