• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Whole lot of Deshaun Watson chatter happening out there

Zod

3 minutes ago, Zod said:

If he forced anyone to give him oral sex he won't get any support in Carolina. 

If we was being creepy and exposed himself at massages then had to pay up for it I think people will look past it. 

I could stand behind this perhaps. What if he was creepy and exposed himself to 22 different women? 

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

Exactly right 

people saying they support this guy no matter what must not have wives, girlfriends, sisters.   

they would all do well to go watch the documentary series about Cosby on Showtime to understand how the famous and the rich can easily manipulate those who are not

if Tepper, who touts all he believes about equality for women and minorities bring this guy in, I won’t support it    I’m out 

Or Surviving R. Kelly on Netflix.

Or the NXIUM documentary on Hulu.

Or Jimmy Savile: The People Who Knew on BBC.

Or...

• Pie 2

27 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

But if it's morally reprehensible, aren't we therefore obligated to conduct such an inquiry into every player. "It's not bad if we don't know about it" doesn't seem like something that would fly anywhere but maybe Twitter. 

To my knowledge, neither Bill Cosby nor Harvey Weinstein has the requisite knowledge to help a football team. But if you're asking if I'd watch a movie one of them put out, yes, if it was a great movie that interested me. Sure. 

Kevin Spacey is a sex pervert creep too, whos victims all happened to end up dead before they could testify, and I still really like watching his movies.  I have this crazy ability to divorce my personal feelings about someone who is providing entertainment.  I don't know or interact with these people personally.  Its really a non-issue for me. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Zod said:

If we was being creepy and exposed himself at massages then had to pay up for it I think people will look past it. 

Patriots owner Robert Kraft got a consensual handjob from a middle-aged lady and was widely excoriated and labeled a child sex-trafficker...

...but it's expected folks will "look past" Mr. Whip-It-Out's non-consensual whipping it out and rubbing it on young women against their will...

🤦‍♂️

• Poo 1

12 minutes ago, Zod said:

How would we ever know for sure 1 way or the other though?

• Flames 1

6 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

God I hope we don't trade for him. 

Our team is complete poo even outside the QB position, and we'd probably have to trade away the few  good players we actually have in order to get Watson, as well as future draft picks.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the price tag being something like 3 1sts, 3 seconds (future), and any combination of CMC, Anderson, Chinn, Moore, Shaq, or Brown.

So we give up all of that with limited draft capital, limited cap space, and limited talent to surround the new franchise QB fresh off of 20+ Sexual assault allegations? 

fug that. I'm out.

110%

3 minutes ago, joemac said:

How would we ever know for sure 1 way or the other though?

Whetever shakes out in all the paperwork is all we would have to go by. There are tons of rub and tug "massage therapists" on instagram. Sounds like ole Deshaun had a tough time figuring out who provided that service and who did not. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

What would the cap ramifications be if for some reason Carolina got Deshaun Watson? Would the Panthers extend the contract to lower the hit? Someone on here who really understands the salary cap i hope to explain how it would work thanks!

25 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Iirc he had 4000+ yards as a rookie that's more than meh, we could use some of that.

the meh is calling him a diamond the rough. No one is discounting his season. If he was drafted in the 3rd 4th round, then yeah we could call him a diamond in the rough. However, he is a first round qaurterback doing what a 1st round QB is expected to do. 

7 hours ago, BurnNChinn said:

Seattle isn’t an option, they went full blown rebuild. He isn’t going there with everyone gone. It’s Panthers or Commandos.

I wouldn’t say that’s a reason for it not to be an option. Even at their state now can you confidently say the Panthers are the better team? IMO, not even close. I doubt Watson will have to wait any longer there than here for a ‘rebuild’. If you’re talking from a Seahawks perspective, Watson is only 26. It would make sense.

On that related note the Seahawks were smart and stacked picks. They could trade for Watson and not be crippled. The Panthers on the other hand will struggle massively with such trade. It will be beyond crippling.

Also as of now their coaching is superior. Their staff will probably change but betting it will be worse than Rhule is one I wouldn’t make.

Lastly, as of now (things will change with contracts and rollovers), Seahawks have about 10 m more in cap for 2022 and a whopping 70 m more in 2023 unless I am reading something wrong.

It appears the better situation is Seattle in every category. It would be a smart move for everyone involved imo.

Edited by onmyown

8 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Patriots owner Robert Kraft got a consensual handjob from a middle-aged lady and was widely excoriated and labeled a child sex-trafficker...

...but it's expected folks will "look past" Mr. Whip-It-Out's non-consensual whipping it out and rubbing it on young women against their will...

🤦‍♂️

You don’t know it was consensual and no one is really talking about that poo anymore but you. I get it though, poor Robert Kraft… Team billionaire owners all the way! 😤😤😤😤🧜‍♂️🧙‍♂️