• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Whole lot of Deshaun Watson chatter happening out there

Zod

I swear this is starting to feel just like the Sam "mfing" Darnold deal..........Panthers are playing with themselves while the Texans are swearing 18 others have offers on the table. I just dont buy seahawks, steelers, colts, etc talk.

Texans are bluffing like the biggest bluff it feels. Making it feel like 10 teams are willing to give three 1s, two 2s, and 2 elite players plus extra........like get the F outta here with this nonsense. 

Watson missed a whole season, every single player outside of ADaronold would take months into the season to get their footballs' legs/mind/body. 

All this talk is feeling like the farve retriredtard talk, its tiresome....

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 2

I'm a fan of Rhule, obviously, and I haven't given up on him and the Panthers yet. I'm willing to give him all the excuses about covid and all the BS he's had to deal with as a new NFL coach in that situation coupled with the horrible state the team was in when he arrived etc.

But I will admit, right here, right now, that I will be deeply disappointed if we trade our future away for Watson right now. Not even counting judging Watson based on these accusations but even from the football perspective of it. This move makes zero sense to me. Signing a player that will take away our cap space and not allowing us this opportunity to add some decent FAs plus our future first round picks? I just can't believe Rhule would go that route.

Then adding to it the character concerns when Rhule is always speaking about culture? Honestly, that move would remove most of the reasons I'm willing to take the abuse I've sometimes received for defending him. I may have unpopular opinions and some of you may not like me but I do strongly believe in the principles that Rhule expresses which is why I like him. This would contradict all of that imo and I'd lose respect for him and I'd have to change not only my tune but my name. 

I just can't believe this is true. This story comes out every 3 months or so and nothing happens so I'm hoping this is just journalistic smoke and mirrors like usual. 

(I added paragraphs this time free of charge)

Edited by Panthers Rhule
  • Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

I'm a fan of Rhule, obviously, and I haven't given up on him and the Panthers yet. I'm willing to give him all the excuses about covid and all the BS he's had to deal with as a new NFL coach in that situation coupled with the horrible state the team was in when he arrived etc.

But I will admit, right here, right now, that I will be deeply disappointed if we trade our future away for Watson right now. Not even counting judging Watson based on these accusations but even from the football perspective of it. This move makes zero sense to me. Signing a player that will take away our cap space and not allowing us this opportunity to add some decent FAs plus our future first round picks? I just can't believe Rhule would go that route.

Then adding to it the character concerns when Rhule is always speaking about culture? Honestly, that move would remove most of the reasons I'm willing to take the abuse I've sometimes received for defending him. I may have unpopular opinions and some of you may not like me but I do strongly believe in the principles that Rhule expresses which is why I like him. This would contradict all of that imo and I'd lose respect for him and I'd have to change not only my tune but my name. 

I just can't believe this is true. This story comes out every 3 months or so and nothing happens so I?m hoping this is just journalistic smoke like usual. 

He's going to be with FLORES and the STEELERS or the BUCS!!!

Edited by ncstatekwi
  • Pie 1

9 minutes ago, ncstatekwi said:

He's going to be with FLORES and the STEELERS or the BUCS!!!

I certainly hope that you're right. I personally don't believe this rumor is any different than the last 10-15 saying the same thing but just wanted to make sure my position on the issue, at this time, is out there since I do openly support Rhule on most things. 

32 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I swear this is starting to feel just like the Sam "mfing" Darnold deal..........Panthers are playing with themselves while the Texans are swearing 18 others have offers on the table. I just dont buy seahawks, steelers, colts, etc talk.

Texans are bluffing like the biggest bluff it feels. Making it feel like 10 teams are willing to give three 1s, two 2s, and 2 elite players plus extra........like get the F outta here with this nonsense. 

Watson missed a whole season, every single player outside of ADaronold would take months into the season to get their footballs' legs/mind/body. 

I wouldn't even worry about them driving up the price with fake offers.  Fitt is very connected to other FOs and agents, I'm pretty sure he has a solid idea of what's going on.  

The issue is, I don't think Tepper cares.  They've said he has wanted to put his mark on the team with his own guy since he got here, and I think he'll do anything to make that happen even if it goes against the advice of his FO.  He's a fuging idiot.

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, Wes21 said:

We can't even begin to have a conversation until you spend time catching up.  Research this man.

Appears you made it up...

...but if you can provide confirmation from a legitimate source I'm open to reading it.

I think you confused Mr. Whip-It-Out with OBJ 🤦‍♂️

2 hours ago, Panthers Rhule said:

I just can't believe this is true. This story comes out every 3 months or so and nothing happens so I'm hoping this is just journalistic smoke and mirrors like usual. 

I can appreciate that your willing to support Rhule as thats a hard thing to say around here these days. 

• Pie 3

13 hours ago, firefox1234 said:

You don’t need daughters to advocate women’s rights. We all have mothers.

13 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Exactly 

Agree with the underlying sentiment, but in that just know that you can and will be called out for making on the basis of having a wife/daughter/sister/mother, etc. 

I live in Australia. The prime minister was roundly criticized for this in responding to an assault on a female staffer at Parliament House. He actually said, "Jenny (his wife) said (to him), 'what if it were our daughters?'". He got destroyed because he wasn't angry at it happening to a human being, full stop, rather than needing to link it to being a dad to girls.

Bottom line, anyone making a stand against this red line is expected to make it regardless rather than qualify it because of who someone is to someone else.

2 hours ago, Basbear said:

Yup. I think this Steelers talk is pure cap. mario cap GIF

• Beer 2