• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Straight up Yes or No: Do you want the Panthers to Trade for Deshaun Watson? If we do, will you still be a fan?

Ricky Spanish

Watson Poll  

246 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the Panthers to trade for Watson?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Will you still be a Panther Fan if we trade for Watson?

• Yes
    • No

Those of you saying you’ll stop being a fan have some kind of switch that I know nothing about. I will ALWAYS love the Panthers, whether it be watching them in the Super Bowl or nonchalantly thinking about them after I haven’t watched a game in 3 years. There is no part of my heart that will stop loving them and allow myself to cheer for a different team. Just not possible. 

That said, I see positives of trading and not trading  for him. Gun to my head, I say I don’t want the trade. Build up the OLine and get your guy next year in the draft for way cheaper. 

Edited by Kentucky Panther
  • Pie 1

2 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Nice try but no cigar.  You've obviously missed the entire premise of the book and the character from the tv series I chose for my avater.  Does that character represent everything about me? Hell no!  But keep trying to justify it.

As you obviously have no moral convictions about who represents the team you follow I can only imagine how you dismiss this actions of the people around you. 

I can influence the people around me. Can you influence tepper and Rhule? All this talk I hope you Atleast sent some $ to Deseans victims 

1 minute ago, Panthers8969 said:

I can influence the people around me. Can you influence tepper and Rhule? All this talk I hope you Atleast sent some $ to Deseans victims 

I'm not trying to influence anyone.  I was asked a question and I answered.  I'm outraged that this is even being considered.  

His victims don't need my money because Deshaun is giving them all of his to keep their mouth shut. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

18 minutes ago, Kentucky Panther said:

Those of you saying you’ll stop being a fan have some kind of switch that I know nothing about. I will ALWAYS love the Panthers, whether it be watching them in the Super Bowl or nonchalantly thinking about them after I haven’t watched a game in 3 years. There is no part of my heart that will stop loving them and allow myself to cheer for a different team. Just not possible. 

That said, I see positives of trading and not trading  for him. Gun to my head, I say I don’t want the trade. Build up the OLine and get your guy next year in the draft for way cheaper. 

I have been a Panthers fan since the beginning. I will always want the team to be successful. It really has nothing to do with the players if we did trade for Watson now. It's about ownership and leadership. I'll be honest, us even considering this in the midst of all this has me tetering. I'd have much more respect for Tepper and this organization if they came out and said something to the effect of ...

At this time, we will not be pursuing Mr. Watson until the legal and civil matters have been resolved.  This organization realizes the seriousness of these allegations, and the ramifications that bringing these allegations into our organization could have on our staff, the players, their families and the fans. Until these matters are concluded, the Panthers will not discuss any potential trades involving DeSean Watson. 

Saying it is one thing, meaning it is another.

And if we did trade for Watson and it turns out to be true what he's accused of doing, there's no walking that back. There's no way to save face from that. 22 sexual assaults are OK as long as you can win football games. There's no way I could support this owner and the leadership after that. About the only way I could is if the team sold and a new owner came in and took a stand against it from the start. 

• Pie 1

Like i stated on a previous thread, a dumb move in my would be selling the farm for QB Deshaun Watson.

Taking this big of a a risk and giving up significant draft capital is simply not an option no matter how talented Watson is on the field.

There are now serious doubts about Watson’s character that simply wasn’t there before. The magnitude of these allegations dictate such perceptions and many would not welcome him like they were willing to with open arms around this time last year.

Edited by KatsAzz

45 minutes ago, T-Wazzle said:

Even if he were to come here,  which he wouldn't,  who's to say he wouldn't do to us what he's doing to the Texans?  We would've mortgaged our future for nada.

This is something most are overlooking. If Watson is successful in forcing a trade from the Texans, he may attempt to do it again in a year or two when he's not happy with whichever team he ends up with.

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

This is something most are overlooking. If Watson is successful in forcing a trade from the Texans, he may attempt to do it again in a year or two when he's not happy with whichever team he ends up with.

Exactly. If we gut the team to obtain Watson, we would have a worse team than the one he complained about playing on because it was so sorry.

Edited by KatsAzz
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1