• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deshaun Watson won't face criminal charges

TheSpecialJuan

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's not a conspiracy theory.

Here, read if you actually care.

https://www.pooleshaffery.com/news/2014/december/a-crash-course-in-the-american-grand-jury-system/

Literally all the prosecutor had to do was put a single accuser on the witness stand to accuse Watson of having committed a crime against her and Watson would have been indicted of that crime. Period. End of story.

Crazy thought, but what if the prosecutor knew it was a waste of time and resources to pursue prosecution in a case where she knew she couldn't prove the charges beyond a reasonable doubt? 

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

Everybody talking about jury indictments were 99 percent.. Lol

No sure you comprehend what people were saying referring to this.

Actually I’m not sure you even understand what you’re saying. Percentage of grand jury influenced indictments, eventually filed by the DA are all over the place, in fact that doesn’t even make sense…based on pure number? Why? That isn’t even a factor. A factor would be like from a specific same exact jury and DA…which doesn’t exist, again, that is why this doesn’t make sense. It’s just about the evidence for each specific case.

It’s the conviction part that is, 97%, SHOULD an indictment be granted by a grand jury. An indictment is not a convictions. Which makes sense, a trial is essentially a mirror of a jury.

Obviously, this case didn’t get that far, or even close.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

About what I was expecting, which is why I wish we traded for him BEFORE he got cleared (last year). Could have gotten him at a discount. Now the price is really ramped up. Oh well, he definitely not coming here now. And LOL to all those people saying Watson would never play in the NFL again. Guilty until proven innocent is the new wave nowadays.

Edited by Castavar

1 minute ago, onmyown said:

No sure you comprehend what people were saying referring to this.

Actually I’m not sure you even understand what you’re saying. Percentage of grand jury influenced indictments, eventually filed by the DA are all over the place, in fact that doesn’t even make sense…based on pure number? Why? That isn’t even a factor. A factor would be like from a specific same exact jury and DA…which doesn’t exist, again, that is why this doesn’t make sense. It’s just about the evidence for each specific case.

It’s the conviction part that is, 97%, SHOULD an indictment be granted by a grand jury. An indictment is not a convictions. Which makes sense, a trial is essentially a mirror of a jury.

Obviously, this case didn’t get that far, or even close.

Oh I comprehended exactly what people were saying. "grand juries indict 99% of the time". Not much room there for interpretation 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Smittymoose said:

Crazy thought, but what if the prosecutor knew it was a waste of time and resources to pursue prosecution in a case where she knew she couldn't prove the charges beyond a reasonable doubt? 

Then she should've had the guts not to bring it before the grand jury. This was a cop out. "Oh look public and media, I tried." 

Yes, she knows she's highly unlikely to get a conviction but she punted in front of the grand jury so that she could still claim that she tried to seek justice when anyone who knows anything about the grand jury system knows that a prosecutor has to go in front of the GJ with the intention of not securing an indictment in order to actually not secure an indictment.

4 minutes ago, MVPccaffrey said:

How would we outbid Seattle anyways?  Even if he wanted to come here, which he doesn't, they have much more capital than us now

Carolina will not outbid Seattle, but I am still skeptical Seattle is interested. I think it's agents/Texans trying to drum up a market. There are not many chairs left at this game of musical chairs after the QB trades this week. 

• Pie 1