• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more Watson threads. Use this one or one of the other 20 existing ones.

rayzor

4 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Doesn't matter how good the QB is when you can't field a good enough team around him.

That and most here are living in lala land thinking they know for certain Deshaun will never see another blemish on his career again. To invest that much in a disgruntled QB was always a staggering risk but we are so desperate for relevancy again we have looked past it.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Chad_Cota said:

I just can't wait for us to stop talking about Deshaun Watson. Hopefully we find out today. 

I mean, if he's a Saint, I doubt we are going to stop talking about him.

Just in a different context. 

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Mage said:

Watson is 26 years old.  QBs nowadays don't stop being really good/great until about 35.  We're talking 8-10 years of high-end QB play.  That is plenty of time to build a good team around someone.  

Not every player is the same. Watson might not want to take a beating until he's 35. Other than that, he might not stick around whichever team trades for him beyond his current contract. He's forcing his way out of Houston, what's to stop him from doing so again?

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

That and most here are living in lala land thinking they know for certain Deshaun will never see another blemish on his career again. To invest that much in a disgruntled QB was always a staggering risk but we are so desperate for relevancy again we have looked past it.

I was just about to post the same thoughts. The dude is likely going to be disgruntled here too.... what would lead anyone to think otherwise? 

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I've seen a lot of people mention Norwell coming back, but hasn't he missed a lot of games in JAX?  And I wonder why we wouldn't be interested in Saffold?

Also, I would love to pick up Justin Reid.  I wanted to get him that draft...

3 minutes ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

They've literally kicked the can down the road for over a decade. That's why it's rare they pickup high priced FA's or good-great football players. Didn't they sign AJ Klein to be their starting LB at one point? Would you call that a great pickup? I wouldn't. 

I didn't say anything about the quality of pickups or FA. All I'm talking about is his ability with cap space. He's kicked the can down the road for over a decade, something that's constantly said isn't possible to do long term. They've been competitive for the most part while all this has been going on. With Peyton retiring, if they have a down year I expect he will do some cap dumping while they rebuild. If not and they get DW, they'll keep kicking the can and everyone will keep saying they can't do that.