• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more Watson threads. Use this one or one of the other 20 existing ones.

rayzor

Keep in mind that Deshaun has the final say here 

What a team offers the Texans in return has now become secondary to where Deshaun chooses to play for

Texans prefer our trade package bc we have something better than draft picks, we have young building block players still on their rookie contracts. 

Assume the Saints offer is less than what the Panthers offer but Deshaun tells the Texans he wants to be traded to New Orleans, that’s it they have no choice but to trade him to where he wants to go.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

What a team offers the Texans in return has now become secondary to where Deshaun chooses to play for

Texans prefer our trade package bc we have something better than draft picks, we have young building block players still on their rookie contracts. 

Assume the Saints offer is less than what the Panthers offer but Deshaun tells the Texans he wants to be traded to New Orleans, that’s it they have no choice but to trade him to where he wants to go.

If we are trading only defensive players away. Watson would have to be licking his chops with the young offensive roster we have here. 

Just now, Pantherzilla91 said:

What makes you sure it'll be worth it?

If we strip this team of talent and future talent (all the draft picks) to get Watson which leads to just a good enough record for Rhule to keep his job, will that be worth it?  With this staff sticking around and lacking draft capital, do you trust this team is REALLY that much better in the long run?  I don't.

Just now, TheSpecialJuan said:

They don't have "no choice." There's always a choice. The Texans have as much or more leverage compared to Watson. They know they aren't going to be any good next year. Neither side wants to continue their Cold War, but that doesn't mean it can't or won't happen. 

1 minute ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Excited Season 1 GIF by The Office

I officially do not want Watson on this team and I hate this trade and everything it could be. 

That said, I would be way more upset about losing Chinn than Burns. I don't think Burns is going to hold up in the NFL, he got run all over last season, he was constantly out of position. 

I think we've already seen his peak. 

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I would just hope we could avoid giving up both Burns and Chinn. Honestly, it might be a deal breaker for me.

Yeah. Kills the D. You lose your best sideline to sideline/utility player. And the only real passrusher.

Edited by La Pantera

Just now, electro's horse said:

I officially do not want Watson on this team and I hate this trade and everything it could be. 

That said, I would be way more upset about losing Chinn than Burns. I don't think Burns is going to hold up in the NFL, he got run all over last season, he was constantly out of position. 

I think we've already seen his peak. 

This is just so wrong imo. An in the box safety just doesn't have nearly the amount of value as a pass rushing DE. I love Chinn, but even a Burns who is elite pass rusher/below average run is a more valuable piece 

3 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

The correct way would be to get a top tier qb instead of teddy and darnold

There's plenty of QBs in next year's draft and we can get one on a rookie deal and not mortgage the future in the mean time.  Some Panthers' fans are so desperate, they can't see the forest for the trees.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I would just hope we could avoid giving up both Burns and Chinn. Honestly, it might be a deal breaker for me.

Eh, I get it if you think the picks and the totality of it are too much, but if you're already that deep into it, no way you can let Burns, Chinn, or both be a deal-breaker for a franchise QB. 

13 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

To fit him:

Extend Onyemata, Restructure Hill, Restructure Jenkins, Restructure Demario Davis, Cut Roby, Extend Davenport is how they get to ~$35M. The question is, what do they have left in terms of flexibility to build out their roster at that point? They will have restructured or cut about everyone they can possibly move around for this year. It's just not realistic to me. They'd have about 25 guys that you'd categorize as contributors and very little flexibility. Possible they could open up $20M by extending or restructuring Watson, but that same thing goes for anyone else who trades for him.  They'd definitely have to give up CGJ in that trade. Probably Payton Turner and another piece too. And it's still much weaker than Carolina's offer. 

That's a lot of movement to have a top heavy roster at the top of the salary cap.. No draft picks and the best offensive weapon facing jail time..

1 minute ago, Smittymoose said:

Eh, I get it if you think the picks and the totality of it are too much, but if you're already that deep into it, no way you can let Burns, Chinn, or both be a deal-breaker for a franchise QB. 

Exactly,  Burns was a 2nd round pick. You can find a player like him in the draft. Burns will need to be paid big money in a couple years.  You can't let that stop you from getting a franchise QB.

• Poo 1