• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers sign S Xavier Woods (3 years, 15.75m)

SgtJoo

They are professionals… I truly hope they know what they doing me if not again tepper dm me  … that’s a day 3 4 fa signing move not legal tampering period 1st day move ..  and at this price point he must be playing a ton snaps next year.. definitely would saved the money towards bigger aeras of need (Oline market) then if wood still available day 3 4 offer 70percent of that deal if not I’ll take my chances with an cheaper options or undrafted fs who was a captain of his team in college… just saying we need to be chasing dollars not nickels and dimes day 1 free agency…. We are better then this .. I hope woods makes me eat these words 

• Poo 1

1 hour ago, MillionDollarCam said:

It would be even better if he put on 10 lbs. and played OLB in the mold of Thomas Davis.

Someone who has a nack for the ball like Chinn should be playing as close to the LOS as possible.

Agree but not  as a LB. He’s a SS and should be used accordingly. Even a hybrid role is okay but I think he’s more valuable as a safety.

15 minutes ago, Leotiger said:

They are professionals… I truly hope they know what they doing me if not again tepper dm me  … that’s a day 3 4 fa signing move not legal tampering period 1st day move ..  and at this price point he must be playing a ton snaps next year.. definitely would saved the money towards bigger aeras of need (Oline market) 

Bro, its 3 years $15m lol that is nothing.  A quality starting safety is easily worth 5m avg/yr

Edited by Mage
  • Pie 2

15 minutes ago, Leotiger said:

They are professionals… I truly hope they know what they doing me if not again tepper dm me  … that’s a day 3 4 fa signing move not legal tampering period 1st day move ..  and at this price point he must be playing a ton snaps next year.. definitely would saved the money towards bigger aeras of need (Oline market) then if wood still available day 3 4 offer 70percent of that deal if not I’ll take my chances with an cheaper options or undrafted fs who was a captain of his team in college… just saying we need to be chasing dollars not nickels and dimes day 1 free agency…. We are better then this .. I hope woods makes me eat these words 

He's probably going to get like $5M guaranteed, and the Panthers will be able to cut him at minimal cost next year if he's not any good. It's a decent deal for a solid starter who can eat snaps on the back-end. 

Just gonna say, a lot of folks were talking about how relatively little guys like Elflein and Cam Erving were going to make and how inconsequential their contracts were at this point last year. Had they not been straight trash and proved to be serviceable starters they would've been correct. Unfortunately, they proved to be straight trash.

29 minutes ago, Prowler2k18 said:

Agree but not  as a LB. He’s a SS and should be used accordingly. Even a hybrid role is okay but I think he’s more valuable as a safety.

I really don’t like Chinn in coverage and as a SS he’s still responsible for the running back and occasionally wide outs depending on the formation.

With his speed and nose for the football he could be an elite WLB if he put on 10 lbs.

I think Chinn at 6’3” - 230 lbs. would be a menace at WLB.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

Woods is definitely more of a strong safety. We overpaid slightly but probably had to to get him to come here. He's a upgrade on Burris, but probably a little out of position if he's expected to play traditional FS.

An interesting move and possibly a very good one depending on how he is used.

Some of you would complain about taxes after winning the powerball. 

Safety was a need. We addressed it with a solid young player and for a very manageable price. He’s comparable to djax at his position (probably better) and we got him for $5m per. Be happy. 

• Pie 5