• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Watson Thread - Part Deux

Zod

1 minute ago, Chiefzack said:

Exactly, it ticks me off were not playing this like we (agreed by every analyst in America) have the best offer.

I was ok with New Orleans and Cleveland, but Atlanta being allowed an interview out of nowhere with no in stone offer to make or any clear-cut plan how to make Watson fit their cap or actually be an appealing destination to go is ridiculous.

We need to threaten to walk away or Houston will not get our deal, we could spend that $35 million in Free agency, every day Houston and Watson drag this were getting screwed out of signing potential big name free agents and our GM has less time to focus on the draft.

Atlanta being dragged in almost makes me not want him, if he ends up coming here, he's screwing himself from us putting a team around him cause many free agents will be gone.

I'll pie you if you take a break you need it 

6 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

You’re missing the aspect that Deshaun has to have some mutual interest to meet too. He told Philly and Seattle no.

He enjoying being the belle of the ball even though he got problems. The analogy was made about the prom date working the room and ya brought the tux and limosine. Deshauna is naughty and our front office has a hard on for it.  We have deep pockets and a desire to be relevant.   This hook up could damage the franchise for years.  Let the hoe go to the dirty dirrty south NO or party in the ATL I don't care. 

3 minutes ago, Huffgolf30 said:

This coming from a 20+ yr fan. Tepper has turned this franchise into such a clown show. Holy Chit were about to be turned down by the bill cosby of QBs after kissing his azz for a year...

You aren’t alone…many, many fans feel the same way.  Tons of idiots on this board that can’t see the big picture of this move

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

We threaten to walk away and Houston will just say OK and take one of the other two deals

Then they're more then welcome to take the vastly inferior offer.

Houston and Watson are turning this into a clown show, if Atlanta is getting involved, it is Watson orchestrating it. 

2 minutes ago, Chiefzack said:

Exactly, it ticks me off were not playing this like we (agreed by every analyst in America) have the best offer.

I was ok with New Orleans and Cleveland, but Atlanta being allowed an interview out of nowhere with no in stone offer to make or any clear-cut plan how to make Watson fit their cap or actually be an appealing destination to go is ridiculous.

We need to threaten to walk away or Houston will not get our deal, we could spend that $35 million in Free agency, every day Houston and Watson drag this were getting screwed out of signing potential big name free agents and our GM has less time to focus on the draft.

Atlanta being dragged in almost makes me not want him, if he ends up coming here, he's screwing himself from us putting a team around him cause many free agents will be gone.

We don't know what is going on. The media likes to report anything sensationalist to get clicks, even if its mostly false or in Fox News case always false so it's best to not get worked up about it with statements like "threaten to walk away".

If Watson does go somewhere else, we still have our 1st round picks and still have cap room, its not all doom and gloom. Once again, Tepper has done everything possible to get a NFL caliber QB here so obviously he and Fitt are going to keep trying and they'll always be opportunities, even if it takes a few years. Contrast that to the Lions who haven't given a poo in 50 years

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, joemac said:

Bruh. He waived his NTC for us. That’s why he agreed to meet with us. Catch up. 

That’s what I’m not understanding. If he’s waived the NTC and we have the best offer…then make the deal Houston. Why allow DW to further fug over ur franchise by letting him choose an inferior package? 🙃

• Pie 1

Just now, RJK said:

That’s what I’m not understanding. If he’s waived the NTC and we have the best offer…then make the deal Houston. Why allow DW to further fug over ur franchise by letting him choose an inferior package? 🙃

yeah that's the weirdest part here. like why are they bending over backwards for him when he is literally walking out on them.

• Beer 1

Just now, Chiefzack said:

Then they're more then welcome to take the vastly inferior offer.

Houston and Watson are turning this into a clown show, if Atlanta is getting involved, it is Watson orchestrating it. 

Yeah, Watson definitely seems to be orchestrating it. The Atlanta thing is a slap in the face to all three teams since there's no way they could possibly trade for him. I don't even know what package they presented to Houston for them to ok the conversation

• Beer 1