• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Watson Thread - Part Deux

Zod

12 minutes ago, Verge said:

That isn't true. I would believe Ellis over me and just about anyone else with regards to Carolina. He has worked really hard to keep good sources and information in the building, and he will be more in the know than any of the information I or most people will get. Him and Joe Person are where it's at in regards to that.

I agree with you, I just meant his sources outside of the building on the national level, I doubt even our FO really has a clue besides their feelings of how the interview went 

• Beer 1

Karma will get NO in the end.  This is still a very, very risky move and could easily blow up in their faces for reasons posters against the trade have been pointing out for months.  They have such a thin margin of error for success going forward, and they aren’t some juggernaut even with this trade.  

as for this crap about getting smashed twice a year…Brees didn’t even achieve a winning record against us until his 2nd to last year in uniform, and that’s after the wheels really fell off for us during the transition.  If we can keep Brees and Payton at or below .500 against us for almost all of his career, we can do so against Watson and their retread coach.

Rhule and Darnold won’t be here much longer, and perhaps Tepper will finally be humbled and let the football men do their job.  We’re so close to an elite defense as is, and it’s looking like the offensive line we’ve been waiting a decade to be addressed finally is being done.  Trust in Fitt to find us a signal caller in the next year or two and we’ll be peaking right as the Saints are running out of ways to replenish 

3 minutes ago, Verge said:

I still don't think that. Do I think the Saints have a lead to this point given what Ellis and some others have said? Yeah. I don't think anything is set in stone yet. 

I don’t get how the feeling can be that Carolina ain’t his first choice but that they’re still in it. What am I missing? The way the reporters put it all the teams put in offers that the Texans would accept. What could Carolina even do to close the gap now?

Just now, Solaris said:

I don’t get how the feeling can be that Carolina ain’t his first choice but that they’re still in it. What am I missing? The way the reporters put it all the teams put in offers that the Texans would accept. What could Carolina even do to close the gap now?

Exactly what I’m saying.

Just now, Solaris said:

The signings they are making are part of it, making the team better at certain spots like OL 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Solaris said:

Because we don't know Deshaun's thought process. We also don't know how it will all play out. Everyone has a pretty good idea but there is no certainty. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Verge said:

Because we don't know Deshaun's thought process. We also don't know how it will all play out. Everyone has a pretty good idea but there is no certainty. 

Yup every positive FA action can cause a Deshaun reaction in the next couple days. He's probably finding out about each teams cap flexibility in each interview and may adjust his ideal scenario accordingly