• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watson Watch Day 4 - The Finale

Zod

2 minutes ago, FreeCountryPanther said:

It makes me sick these reporters think we are out of the race. It sickens me the Panthers are barely brought up for this trade for Watson. It's ridiculous how the media disrespects us.

Hence the reason for needing a franchise QB. Media folks have a lot to keep track of and it's much easier to talk about teams with top QBs or teams that have won recently.

12 minutes ago, Coheed said:

It’s obvious at this point Carolina isn’t his first choice.  Bold of you to assume he doesn’t walk in FA in three years if we were to trade for him

i hope the saints or falcons land him. Some people may be cool being the last resort option of a likely predator but I’m good. 

Carolina is probably the Texans first choice.  Because ripping off this front office via QB is easy.  So we default into Watson's last choice I suspect.  That if all else fails and Watson can't get what we wants.  We are the last resort option he would then settle on. 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, FreeCountryPanther said:

It makes me sick these reporters think we are out of the race. It sickens me the Panthers are barely brought up for this trade for Watson. It's ridiculous how the media disrespects us.

It’s incredibly odd how this whole time, no beat writers or media employees working for the big guys, have said we have a chance. 

Just now, Coheed said:

The dude is forcing his way off of a team in the middle of a contract extension he ALREADY signed, you honestly think he's gonna ride it out here for a decade? Absolutely no way. 

He's doing it because the Texans lied to him. If you had a little perspective, then you'd understand the backstory.

The "hurr durr Watson asking out and is a sex predator" crowd is so tiring

• Pie 2

Just now, CRA said:

Carolina is probably the Texans first choice.  Because ripping off this front office via QB is easy.  So the default into Watson's last choice I suspect.  That if all else fails and Watson can't get what we wants.  We are the last resort option. 

Agreed. Texans aren't going to let us off the hook until the ink is dry. Our offer is too valuable in the negotiation.

2 minutes ago, Coheed said:

The dude is forcing his way off of a team in the middle of a contract extension he ALREADY signed, you honestly think he's gonna ride it out here for a decade? Absolutely no way. 

The Houston Texans ownership is outwardly racist with the other weirdly high positioned guy, Easterby or whatever, being a complete and total psycho. 

Just now, CRA said:

Carolina is probably the Texans first choice.  Because ripping off this front office via QB is easy.  So the default into Watson's last choice I suspect.  That if all else fails and Watson can't get what we wants.  We are the last resort option. 

Even removing the ethics from the equation, I just can't get behind trading the farm for a dude who 

1. Doesn't want to be here

2. Has already shown he has no problem forcing his way off a team

3. Will in all likelihood be a 3 year rental

Imagine us trading the farm and him leaving for ATL in 3 years. I could absolutely see it.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 2

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

OK, say we sign Watson and lose our pass rush (Reddick gone, Burns in trade)---we have 1 decent (free agent) safety (Chinn in trade) and a weakened run defense (Jones in Buffalo).  That will degrade the corners, exposing Henderson and Taylor--and Horn at times.  I am guessing the defense would fall to the middle of the pack at best.   At LT we will have BC, at LG we will have ????? , at C we have Elflien, at RG and RT we have good players.  We would have little cap room to upgrade, and in this year's draft, we have a fourth rounder and two fifths.  Next year, our first pick is in the third round.  The following year?  Third round.

That means we'd have to build through free agency---not the recipe one needs when the QB is taking in 14% of the cap.

And he is a sex offender, convicted or not.  If cheering for him does not bother you a little, your priorities are a bit off. 

While the idea of Watson intrigues me if we could add an offensive lineman, the upgrade on offense is likely to be offset by the downgraded defense.  So yeah, I would like to see Watson come here, but I also see why it would take something more than 1 QB to make us a winner.

Right…jump on either Tretter or the C from Baltimore(bozeman?) and Armstead(depending on health)/vet tackle or one at 6.    

And whatever they need to do to fix the run D..Bobby wagner, DT, scheme, I don’t care. Cam, Sam 🤢, minshew…late draft pick QB competition…Rhule sink or swim. Strong oline/running game and strong defense..a competent coach can get 8/9 wins out of that.  If not…give Rhule das boot✊🏻

new coach/have picks and money to get a QB and oline to protect em. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

9 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Curious what you think would have made the difference. 

That's my point..

If it was about being in the best situation to win and coaching..

Cleveland,  Philly and Seattle are better options then all of the NFCsouth teams. 

Although cap manipulation is becoming a commong practice, the contract the Falcons just signed really puts them in an odd cap situation for them to be able trade for Watson and sign Landry, Jones, and Fuller. They have no cap space right now. Absoultely 0. 

We can see how young gm Terry Fontenot handles this, but my confidence isnt high. Especially if Matty ice isnt traded in time. 

10 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

where are you getting your info? I appreciate you sharing, as always. Same person you were texting?

yes. literally nothing aside from the browns being out has changed, watson was always gonna wait for Atlanta