• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watson Watch Day 4 - The Finale

Zod

5 minutes ago, Dorian Gray said:

I think Baker ends up in Indy and Jimmy G goes to Cleveland. We’re either drafting Willis or Pickett at 6 or rolling with Sammy D another year.

I don't see how that benefits the Browns. 

1 minute ago, Zod said:

Tepper brought a sweaty used car salesman with him to try to sway Watson. 

Serves him right. 

If the Panthers had fired Rhule, I think the chances Watson comes to the Panthers is much higher. 

But David Tepper would still be the owner. 

• Pie 1

Just now, amcoolio said:

I love the impatience of the huddle, and the constant "I'm done with this team" posts when you guys know damn well as soon as we pick top 3 next year and take a franchise QB you will all be back and pretend like it never happened, just like with Cam in 2011

Why this was so important is because, as other have posted, the bust rate is astronomically high on QBs taken in the first round. 

I want to take Willis, but do I know if he will be a franchise QB?  Nope.  So we could very well be picking top 5 for the next 3 years until we find one, and there are no guarantees.  Watson is a guarantee.

I knew Cam was gonna be what he became in his prime, but that was like winning the lottery how that year lined up with him coming out and us having the top pick.  That likely won't happen again.

• Pie 2

Just now, Proudiddy said:

I exaggerated a bit with the Daniel Jones part but it was like 3 1sts (which are obviously late 1sts) and their guard Ruiz.  That was it.

Houston just signed 2 Olinemen.. I sure Houston is getting a load of picks and a player or 2... Saints are making a dangerous gamble because they are so top heavy with older players on restructured contracts..

Just now, hepcat said:

If the Panthers had fired Rhule, I think the chances Watson comes to the Panthers is much higher. 

But David Tepper would still be the owner. 

From a QB perspective, the owner doesn't really matter.  It's all about Rhule. 

He is a lame duck.  Nobody wants to play / coach for a lame duck.       Tepper caused this.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

And they had Sean Payton and Drew Brees covering up for that.. Wait till you see 8-28 Dennis Allen ..

The Dennis Allen part is what has me confused.  He “might” be worse than Rhule.  What appeal does NOLA have?  Year round swamp ass and a never ending seafood fart smell?

• Beer 1
  • The D 1