• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watson Watch Day 4 - The Finale

Zod

3 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

The Dennis Allen part is what has me confused.  He “might” be worse than Rhule.  What appeal does NOLA have?  Year round swamp ass and a never ending seafood fart smell?

That's my fuging point?? 

He never wanted to come here.. This wasn't about winning or organization or building something.. 

When he called the Falcons in with that roster I knew DW is full of poo and only cares about night life or some other dumb poo...

2 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

I want Watson too, but I'm not going to bash Tepper for trying. We had the best deal for Stafford and likely Watson and got turned down twice, at least we aren't the Lions who don't give a poo.

Tepper is still learning and made a gamble on Rhule and lost. He has the resources and drive to win unlike a lot of other owners. People just need to be patient. He'll learn

I actually think he made a gamble on Brady and lost. McAdoo will change things drastically and allow our young, talented, defence to actually get off the field. 

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Blaming Tepper for trying his hardest to getting a premier QB on his roster.... that is ridiculous. Are we saying we would have rather had an owner just sit back and watch? 

Tepper put his name and rep on the line to chase a QB to build a championship franchise. It backfired, but its not like he did this just so he could say he did. 

There’s been some mistakes made by Tepper like keeping Matt but to try for Watson isn’t really a knock. People would be doing the same thing if we didn’t try.

Edited by Panthercougar68

3 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

I want Watson too, but I'm not going to bash Tepper for trying. We had the best deal for Stafford and likely Watson and got turned down twice, at least we aren't the Lions who don't give a poo.

Tepper is still learning and made a gamble on Rhule and lost. He has the resources and drive to win unlike a lot of other owners. People just need to be patient. He'll learn

So does Jerry Jones. Wanting to win doesn't help if you are an idiot. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

https://www.thefalcoholic.com/platform/amp/2022/3/17/22982689/the-latest-on-deshaun-watson-including-aj-terrell-as-possible-trade-compensation

THIS…is what most Falcons (and probably Saints) fans are thinking. So basically the die hard fans don’t want him bc he’s going to mess up the cap and their roster already sucks (Falcons). The average fans don’t want him bc of the personal stuff. I hope he goes to ATL if he doesn’t come to CAR and honestly wouldn’t be too disappointed if he doesn’t come. Keep building. But if he goes to the Falcons…..ohhhhweee. They are gonna be mediocre for at least a couple years. They better be able to get some value FAs and not miss. Cuz the draft will be depleted and the cap is gonna be hell. 

He's not going to ruin their cap. The football people aren't stupid enough to trade for a piece that will "ruin" their cap, or more generally, know that no one piece is ever going to "ruin" anyone's cap. Fake fan concern. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

Blaming Tepper for trying his hardest to getting a premier QB on his roster.... that is ridiculous. Are we saying we would have rather had an owner just sit back and watch? 

Tepper put his name and rep on the line to chase a QB to build a championship franchise. It backfired, but its not like he did this just so he could say he did. 

We're not blaming him for going after Deshaun.  We're blaming him for being a shitty, dumbass owner who spent the last 3 years or so completely fuging everything up to the point that Deshaun wouldn't want to come here.  He fuging sucks and he should sell the team.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2

3 minutes ago, TheInksDry said:

I'm telling you, once the trade details come out you'll understand why Nick wanted to drag this out but the deal has been done since Monday. 

I 100% guaranteed Watson to Carolina.

And I know the time when it will be announced but Rayzor might ban me for saying it. 

gLBZM6.gif

Every Huddler right now be like:

Al Pacino GIF

Just now, OldhamA said:

I actually think he made a gamble on Brady and lost. McAdoo will change things drastically and allow our young, talented, defence to actually get off the field. 

I totally agree.. Rhule fuged up having the most inexperienced staff in football.. This offseasons I promise we will see better game planning roster configuration and overall outlook due to having more experience minds in the organization..

Just now, Panthercougar68 said:

There’s been some mistakes made by Tepper like keeping Matt but to try for Watson isn’t really a knock. People would be doing the same thing is we didn’t try.

The Rhule thing will most likely turn out to be a mistake. However, it's not often that new owner hits on their first coach hiring.  However, he is an NFL owner so his feet will always be held to the fire.

Just now, MHS831 said:

To make cap room, the Saints extended the contracts of some aging players.  They will convert to dead cap monies soon.  Without draft picks to replace them, it will be interesting to see how New Orleans fields a team.

Yeah they're a ticking time bomb now.  One or two key injuries over the next season or two and they'll be in the basement too.