• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watson Watch Day 4 - The Finale

Zod

Just now, RJK said:

The Falcons just announced a re-signing 15 minutes ago...if anything had happened with Ryans contract we would have heard by now right? RIGHT?

Supposedly 4:00 pm EST was the deadline

2 minutes ago, UnluckyCharms said:

I have a couple friends with blue check marks. They're some of the least important people you could ever meet. The threshold for getting one has been lowered so much in the last 5 years that its barely even a status symbol anymore

My old college roommate’s coke head ex college GF has a blue check and 400k followers who listen to her opine about politics everyday. Crazy.

If they only knew what a crazy and dumb person she really is. 

5 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

I think he wants atl over everyone else, not that he doesn’t wanna be here or the saints.

or this is a giant conspiracy to get more picks out of the panthers and I’m rolling with that!

If Watson didn't want to be with either the Saints or Panthers he would have closed the door on them like he did Browns, Seahawks, and Eagles. That is all the power his camp has.

If he hasn't closed the door on your team, he wants to be there. He had no benefit on leveraging a team he wants to go to. His contract is set.

Watson wants to be close to family in Georgia and South Carolina.

The Texans are the ones that get to pull the trigger on a trade, have interest in leveraging teams, and are steering this ship. Texans can rule out any team.

Texans know Watson's #1 is Atlanta. It would have already been worked on and done if the Texans wanted Ryan to be in the QB mix. Issue here is Texans don't want Ryan with Titans or Colts, and Falcons don't want Ryan with Bucs (pre Brady), Saints, or Panthers. Those would happen to be the top landing spots for Ryan.

So, why would the Texans toss the Falcons in late? Watson wasn't holding them back, the Texans were.

This comes down to what the Texans want from Watson's agreed upon destinations.

The fact that there is little talk with the Panthers now while not being ruled out by the Texans or Watson is the most telling. If Watson wanted to force a team friendly deal for the Falcons, he would close the door on the Panthers.

The Texans are running this circus, and the Falcons are their least favorable trade partner for compensation and fallout with Ryan landing in the AFC South.

So, why toss them in late when you knew that Watson/Falcons was the obvious attraction? Falcons were always #1 on Watson's destination list.

The longer this draws out, the more likely Watson goes to Carolina. Remember, I don't want Watson. I'd rather face Watson than Ryan twice a year.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

Not me. I'd rather some other team overpay for him. I'd rather we didn't trade for anyone this year.

Thats pretty much where I'm at.  Watson would have been exciting, but if we trade for Jimmy G or Baker that's just awful.  Best to just stay out of that market now.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, The Lobo said:

Meaning the guaranteed money at 4pm thing? 

Yes, I know the falcons are looking for help in the filing department so maybe the restructure is lost in the shuffle 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, ickmule said:

Is he really all that bad?  I haven’t paid one bit of attention to him. 

He isn't that bad, but he isn't as good as he thinks he is.  You want your QB to be cocky, but he should know Watson is in another league than him as of now....

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, UnluckyCharms said:

I have a couple friends with blue check marks. They're some of the least important people you could ever meet. The threshold for getting one has been lowered so much in the last 5 years that its barely even a status symbol anymore

If only people used the same amount of discernment when reading real news that they do for sports news