• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are Browns getting Watson???

mc52beast

11 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

wow... so much for Atlanta and Carolina being out of it this whole time. I bet the Panthers would have gotten him if they agreed to the 3rd and 4th year guarantees...cause I bet that the Browns did so. 

No, the Panthers never had a shot.

• Poo 1

well we some what  turned him down  . At the end we said NO .

As negotiations for the Deshaun Watson sweepstakes came to the bitter end, his team called the Panthers with a request on Thursday. They asked Carolina if it could guarantee him money on the third and fourth year on his four-year, $156 million deal as part of what would’ve been a blockbuster trade agreement. Those years are not guaranteed as it’s structured now, and the team could move on without much penalty. Representatives for the Panthers declined the unprecedented proposal. Later that night, around 9:10 p.m., they called back. Watson informed the team that he would not waive his no-trade clause for them.

They must have Recalled  the Browns and they went 100% all in I guess ....

200.gif.dcb23902d5653138aeef71d31b3fc347.gif

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

No, the Panthers never had a shot.

Don't know what to tell you, the Panthers had this conversation with Watson's agents last night and balked. If they hadn't he'd be a Panther today because the Falcons and Saints had both already declined that's why it was dragging out so long.