• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watson to Cleveland

Toker Smurf

The Browns are set to give Watson a new five-year, $230 million contract, sources told Schefter. He would receive $184 million over the first four years of his new contract -- a $48 million raise over what he was scheduled to make under his current contract.

The full $230 million is guaranteed, sources said, setting a record for highest guarantee given to an NFL player.

That is BEFORE giving up the assets for the trade!  

Edited by Shocker

1 minute ago, joemac said:

If there is one moral to this story its that supposed "insiders" and the media do not know poo!  Like, they could not have gotten this one more wrong.  Also, had we been willing to pony up this new contract he got (46 mil a year, btw) he likely would have been our new QB. 

A lot of the “insiders” weren’t actual insiders tho. I said as much in the Watson threads. I also said the entire time that the Browns or the Panthers were the only two legit options, because they were the only teams with the cap space to make it happen.

people love jumping to conclusions when the writing was on the wall the entire time.

3 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

Read a tweet that said ruining this deal is the best thing Rhule's ever done for this team.

About the only thing I paid any attention to was the Saints cap, and y’all’s some. The Saints better hit every draft pick for a long time. People will soon find out there is a salary cap. They were counting on Watson bridging that talent gap that will be created in the coming years. 

Whatever made it not happen….be thankful for it. 

Edited by Toomers
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Shocker said:

The Browns are set to give Watson a new five-year, $230 million contract, sources told Schefter. He would receive $184 million over the first four years of his new contract -- a $48 million raise over what he was scheduled to make under his current contract.

The full $230 million is guaranteed, sources said, setting a record for highest guarantee given to an NFL player.

That is BEFORE giving up the assets for the trade!  

I’m absolutely ecstatic we did not sign him to that contract. He isn’t worth that. Not right now anyway.

2 minutes ago, Toomers said:

About the only thing I paid any attention to was the Saints cap, and y’all’s some. The Saints better hit every draft pick for a long time. People will soon find out there is a salary cap. They were counting on Watson bridging that talent gap that will be created in the coming years. 

Whatever made it not happen….be thankful for it. 

Saints are fuged. Bad