• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Don't let Minshew get away..

Jmac

11 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

I like The Swashbuckler ⚔️...

...bring him on💥

As an aside, does a Browns/Whip-It-Out deal require approval from the League Office?

The NBA League Office has a history of vetoing trades...not sure if the NFL operates in similar fashion.  

Ban this dude @rayzor, bringing up crap in a thread that has nothing to do with what we’re talking about

24 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'd be fine with bringing Minshew in as a stopgap for the right price. The right price for me maxes out at next year's 3rd.

I don't even think we would have to give that up. I think Philly would part with him for a 4th. 

My appetite for trading for a QB at this point, given who we can get (including Minshew), is low but if we really need to go that route I suppose he's the most palatable option left on the table.

What do I *think* will happen?  They will go OL at 6, we will ride Darnold this year for worse or slightly-less-worse, then look to add a QB for the following season.  Then again my Magic 8-ball is apparently broken so who knows...as long as we don't end up with Jimmy G I will probably not bitch too much about it.  I do hope, at least, that they are wary of adding a QB who will only be good enough to land us in the middle of the pack without any real room for growth thereby locking us into future trades to upgrade the position.

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, Varking said:

I don't even think we would have to give that up. I think Philly would part with him for a 4th. 

This year's 4th is roughly gonna be equal to next year's 3rd in terms of trade value. Hell, they might even prefer this year's 4th since it's immediate and high in the round.

2 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

So, why should we give up a conditional 4th then? We could have traded for him last season for a conditional 6th if we wanted him. 

Because they aren’t going to take less than what they got for him when at the very minimum he is a great backup for them… it’s called supply and demand.

And Rhule was too busy hitching his wagon to Darnold to trade for Minshew. Luckily Fitterer is running the show now.