• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mariota to the Falcons

Jackie Lee

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't get the impression the Texans are exactly crying about the pick package they got in return for Watson.

They made a division opponent stronger and kept Watson in the AFC. 3 of their games in 2022. Maybe more if they even think they have a shot at the playoffs.

They have to be perfect with that pick package and find impact players that will at least counter what they did for the Colts and Browns to be considered a win. Browns or Texans are going to end up the big losers. Colts and NFC South are the immediate big winners.

A lesser package and keeping the Browns and Colts down would have meant the Texans could get back on top quicker. Maybe the Texans surprise and land some of the best players in the NFL Draft.

1 hour ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

The options are getting thinner by the minute for a FA or trade.  Mayfield or Minshew are about the only ones I would be open to trading for. 

I would like to see the Panthers obtain Minshew if they don't select a QB in the current draft. He should come cheap and would compete with Darnold for the starting position this year.

He would also be a good mentor and  a great backup if the Panthers select a QB in the draft next year.

4 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

They made a division opponent stronger and kept Watson in the AFC. 3 of their games in 2022. Maybe more if they even think they have a shot at the playoffs.

They have to be perfect with that pick package and find impact players that will at least counter what they did for the Colts and Browns to be considered a win. Browns or Texans are going to end up the big losers. Colts and NFC South are the immediate big winners.

A lesser package and keeping the Browns and Colts down would have meant the Texans could get back on top quicker. Maybe the Texans surprise and land some of the best players in the NFL Draft.

I'm pretty sure they're okay with how it turned out.

Draft a qb at six, plug him in. If you see something special, even in the losses you found someone and can build with the high pick next year. 

If he stinks like darnold you draft a qb high again. Like arizona (kyle). Wasted pick yes, but I think you keep shooting until you find your guy. Maybe we find our herbert. Who knows it's a gamble always (see darnold for example).

3 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

So you're telling me your not applying for Mel Kiper's job.  LOL  Than again you probably could do better than Mel Kiper.

I just have this gut feeling whoever takes Howell is going to have a good QB.  Last year at Carolina he had zero help (as compared to 2020).  It's hard to replace 4 NFL caliber players (2 WR and 2 RB) in one season.  After 2020 many had him as the top prospect going into 2021.  

I'll be interested to see how much his stock rises, if at all, at his Pro Day on 28 March.

I got this off the Carolina page.  Howell working out for his Pro Day.

WATCH: UNC's Sam Howell Prepares for Pro Day with Ryan Switzer (247sports.com)

Id take MHS over Mel.