• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Observation: Panthers want to Draft a QB but...

Doc Holiday

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The Giants and Texans have been signaling pretty hard that they're not considering QB high on the draft. Maybe it's BS maybe it's not.

I doubt they feel set at qb. They have a plan B which they are going to stand behind publicly but I doubt they wouldn't take a qb in the draft if a opportunity presents itself. 

51 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I doubt they feel set at qb. They have a plan B which they are going to stand behind publicly but I doubt they wouldn't take a qb in the draft if a opportunity presents itself. 

I doubt that too they may just not be seeing the answers they seek at the top of the 1st. Especially for the Giants with that recent swing and miss on Daniel Jones that virtually everyone considered a significant reach. If it works out you're brilliant (see Josh Allen). If it doesn't, you get to hear "told ya so's" for years. They're firmly in the latter scenario.

• Beer 1

9 hours ago, Doc Holiday said:

Based on moves by the Panthers and Other teams… other teams in the top 5 do too.

The Panthers do want to Draft a QB and I do believe that Pickett is their top choice. This is based on the fact that his name just keeps popping up with the Panthers a lot, also tie ins with Tepper being a big Pitt Booster and Rhule previously trying to get him to Temple makes me believe this is their guy.

The issue is many teams ahead of the Panthers will be looking to Draft a QB early.

The picks in front of and around the Panthers:

1. Jags - not looking for a QB

2. Detroit - Not looking for a QB?

3. Houston Texans - Definitely looking at a QB

4. jets - Not looking for QB

5. Giants - possibly looking for QB

6. Panthers - definitely looking for QB

7. Giants (from trade) - possible QB

8. Atlanta - Definitely looking for QB.

So the Texans I’d say are definitely gonna Draft a QB at this point. The wild Card is the Giants at 5. I could see them moving on from Jones at this point and I could also see them trading with Atlanta if they’re not.

This is a contingency that the Panthers have to account for… so with that said I believe the Panthers are going to have a trade in place on the day of the first round of the draft to trade for a QB if one we like doesn’t fall to us at 6. 

imo there are only 2 QB’s worth a top 10 pick in the draft. Outside of that we’d be reaching terribly.

You know, Doc, you probably should include Philly here--they have 15, 16, and 19---they could easily move up with any 2 of these picks.   Philly is in the market, I have heard. 

Considering how different free agency feels this year, with Fitterer and Morgan obviously in charge, I have a tough time believing the two of them will reach for a QB when they can trade down and get one of them. I think they'll trade down and get one with a lower first rounder. I'd prefer we ignore QB altogether, let Rhule sink or swim with Darnold and let the next coach draft a QB. 

• Beer 1

Based on moves by the Panthers and Other teams… other teams in the top 5 do too.

The Panthers do want to Draft a QB and I do believe that Pickett is their top choice. This is based on the fact that his name just keeps popping up with the Panthers a lot, also tie ins with Tepper being a big Pitt Booster and Rhule previously trying to get him to Temple makes me believe this is their guy.

The issue is many teams ahead of the Panthers will be looking to Draft a QB early.

So the Texans I’d say are definitely gonna Draft a QB at this point. The wild Card is the Giants at 5. I could see them moving on from Jones at this point and I could also see them trading with Atlanta if they’re not.

This is a contingency that the Panthers have to account for… so with that said I believe the Panthers are going to have a trade in place on the day of the first round of the draft to trade for a QB if one we like doesn’t fall to us at 6. 

imo there are only 2 QB’s worth a top 10 pick in the draft. Outside of that we’d be reaching terribly.

I wouldn't be so sure the Texans are itching to draft a QB this year.  Mills showed a lot of promise at the end of the year last year.  I went to their last home game last season, and Mills was very very impressive live.  He can definitely spin it. 

Texans aren't looking for a qb neither is ny

10 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

None of the QBs in this draft are worthy of a 1st round pick

How do you figure? The consensus of it being a "weak" class is not the same as it not having 1st round worthy players. Corral, Pickett are worthy of a top 10-15 pick no question. The depth is not deep this class at the position, but there are some good QBs in this class, make no mistake. 

1 hour ago, Panther'sBigD said:

Considering how different free agency feels this year, with Fitterer and Morgan obviously in charge, I have a tough time believing the two of them will reach for a QB when they can trade down and get one of them. I think they'll trade down and get one with a lower first rounder. I'd prefer we ignore QB altogether, let Rhule sink or swim with Darnold and let the next coach draft a QB. 

Rhule still has final say though...