• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deion Calls Out Panthers, Along with 7 Other NFL Teams, For Not Sending a Single Scout to Jackson St. Pro Day

Proudiddy

I imagine that in years past, the Panthers were not at Liberty's pro day.  Why would the Panthers send a representative to a pro day when they are not interested in any of their players?  Jackson State is not prime time this year.

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

You only have so many scouts and there's a LOT of college programs. If no one there is high on our boards we very well may be better off sending those scouts elsewhere. No one would care about Jackson State's coach "shaming" NFL teams for not attending his pro day if that coach wasn't an NFL HOFer. I still don't.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

The biggest draw at Jackson St. is, at this time, Deion without a doubt. In time, that might change as the program grows and his coaching really starts showing fruit. There's just so many programs out there and only so many scouts and days to go around.

Still, Deion did a smart thing by banging the drum right now. He knows two things very, very well -- football and how to draw a crowd. That program will make some waves eventually.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

43 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

Anyone if Jackson St. Worth drafting?

Hell yeah. You don't know about James Houston?

James Houston IV.  Can cover deep, play every LB position and play the run and pass at the DE position. Better than Luvu, Burns, and Reddick. Hybrid player. Scouts should have been there for him alone. Saints like several HBCU players and they were the only NFC South team in attendance.

You want him now???

Thanks Panthers for not even doing your homework for a player who works perfectly in the 33 Stack and an instant upgrade over Luvu.

Edited by CPantherKing
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

I get what he's saying, but there is a big difference between Jackson State and Ole Miss / Mississippi State.

I mean, objectively it seems like the best use of time for the Panthers yesterday would be watching Malik Willis, no?  Today, Ole Miss and State is a pretty full day.

As a reminder, there were NO players from Jackson State invited to the combine.