• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

T. Hill To Dolphins for FIVE picks

Chad_Cota

Since I'm a poor man compared to NFL players, I have a hard time understanding this move. PFT said the Chief's offer would have made Hill one of he best paid receivers in the NFL. I'd pick making top 5 money in the NFL, continue playing with the best/2nd best young QB in football, and competin for an AFC title every year, over being the highest paid receiver playing with Dolphins.

Hill must really value money over winning. Miami hasn't worn a SB since 1973 (the Nixon administration) and hasn't played in a SB since 1984 (the Reagan administration). He must be content with the one SB ring, because he has a better chance of being struck by lightning that winning another ring in Miami before he retires.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Khyber53 said:

Always makes me wonder what is happening behind the scenes. Is there some team friction? Is there an injury? Is there a personal issue that makes them want to give him a change of location? Are there grumblings about a new contract?

Yeah he wants to be the highest paid WR in the history of the NFL.  Hard to invest that much in a QB and a WR. 

• Beer 1

27 minutes ago, Bama Panther said:

Am I reading the reports correctly? $30M per year average for a WR??? That is insanity. Adams' deal at $28.5M per year average was insane as well. 

At some point owners need to draw a line in the dirt. I don't care if they are rich, old men with billions. I don't care if teams are worth billions and billions. I don't care if fans pay high prices for tickets and beer. I do care that these contracts get higher and higher in all sports. It's insanse. And the more contracts signed like this, the higher and higher the money will go. They (like the owners) are getting away with robbery and it hurts the cap. The solution, of course, is no cap ... but lol to that. Which brave WR is bold enough to ask for 40 mil a year now? We'll probably find out in a year or two.

• Pie 1