• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC

BurnNChinn

Pictured are cool and all, but I will never get hyped again off CMC's potential.   Show me you can play a full season first, or even half of one.  His potential and ability is meaningless when he can't stay on the field.

And I've said it repeatedly since last season, but I will be thoroughly surprised if he ever plays a a full season, or even the majority of one again.  When guys start piling up non-contact injuries, their bodies are signaling they can't stand up to the rigors of baseline activity, let alone the wear and tear of NFL games, and there isn't much you can do to prevent it at this point.  

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Skack25 said:

Here’s the fix.  Watch every down Deebo played this year.  Use CMC like that.

I think using CMC more in the slot or as a receiver would be the best option obviously, but honestly, I don't think this strategy is possible.  Number one, in the past CMC has been vocal and adamant that he is a RB.  He does not want to be a receiver or labeled as anything other than a RB.  

And number two, Deebo is super physical.  And yes, he has sustained some injuries during his career, but he is much more stout and more physical as a runner.  He's more likely to run through contact versus elude it, as CMC does. 

10 hours ago, jackson113 said:

Remember when Johnathan Stewart always stayed on a bike... Me too. Running Back is a grind and replace type position. Never over pay the position....

Fire Hurney... Again...

Fire Rhule... Just because...

Stewart was pretty steady come game day. I think there were a couple seasons he got dinged and was out for a good bit but for the most part I think he was just always limited in practice. 

1 hour ago, rippadonn said:

He's getting WR money. Why not? 

yeah keep him in the slot full time with a couple hand offs or end around like a curtis Samuel and he would be well worth the money! 

we don't need to be sending him up the gut 15 times a game.  use the cheaper dime a dozen battering ram for that poo

8 hours ago, RJK said:

I think the injury issue is clearly a result of overtraining. I get these guys want and need to be in the best shape possible but CMC seems to hit a point of diminishing return. Maybe less muscle mass and more rest would Keep him on the field 🤷‍♂️

More like a result of juicing in the off-season. His brother got popped two or three times in the pros. 

they need to move him to a similar role as Deebo or Curtis Samuel when he was here. Tell him to start training accordingly or we’re never gonna get a return on that contract. If we were to ever make the playoffs then use him all out like we have in the past but that’ll never happen as long as the qb situation continues to be what it is here. Just a waste of a contract.

• Beer 1

22 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

More like a result of juicing in the off-season. His brother got popped two or three times in the pros. 

they need to move him to a similar role as Deebo or Curtis Samuel when he was here. Tell him to start training accordingly or we’re never gonna get a return on that contract. If we were to ever make the playoffs then use him all out like we have in the past but that’ll never happen as long as the qb situation continues to be what it is here. Just a waste of a contract.

You may be right, who knows? Either way all the Peds in the world won’t make you swole. Still gotta put in the work, and he’s clearly working too hard. Resulting in his body breaking down. This is why you never draft a RB that high and you def don’t give him that contract .