• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule: Sam Darnold will take a huge step this year

Zod

Just now, djp14 said:

He's talking about "towards the door", right?

Haha I was about to say the same thing.

They're stuck with Darnold, for better or worse, most likely worse. They just need to do what they didn't do last year and that's have him compete with either a veteran or a rookie QB for the starting job. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I don’t think he really cares and if he gets fired he can go back to college. I can see that I don’t give a poo look all over his face. Rhule is not quitting and Tepper won’t fire him because he don’t want to be wrong. It’s a game with these two right now 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Fitt's reputation is on the line with Darnold, and now he is doubling down by stating that Sam will make a huge step forward. Ok fine. If Sam does as Fitt predicts, then we're all going to eat a huge plate of crow. And that will be the best tasting crow we've ever had because we'll likely have a winning season in 2022.

On the other hand, if Sam poops the bed again then I want Fitt and Rhule gone. Nothing is more important than finding a franchise QB, and if they can't do it then why have them here?

Sam pooping the bed is bad for Rhule and his servant Fitt, but it actually will be an amazing win for us in 2023. High draft picks in 2023 will be like diamonds and gold with the QBs in that draft. We could trade down for a king's ransom, or take a shot at drafting a potential franchise QB.

We're in a position now where we're likely to fail into prosperity. Sam is more likely to poop the bed, so the odds are we're getting a rookie 2023 QB. If Sam turns a corner and becomes our leader and franchise QB, then that's a win as well. We're in a win - win situation so long as we DO NOT TRADE OUR 2023 1ST ROUND PICK.

Edited by pantherj
  • Pie 2