• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold told Jets they were “making a mistake” by trading him

WarPanthers89

5 minutes ago, chknwing said:

Sam gonna light it up.  Watch and see.

i dont know if bait or not. i do hold a 8% hope that if the panthers have a decent OL, fully season CMC health, TEs/WRs improve/grow more.....Sam can be good enough. I did see real talent in a few games, but the biggest issue is 4 years of running for his life would change ANY player. Hes needs reprogramming, dont know if current staff can work this miracle.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Old Darn Darnold is a legend in his own ghost mind...hes really young and naive... even if we pick a qb early...we need to roll with Darn...or risk ***** him up also... no qb in this draft is ready to step in.... watch fhule and company screw up another young man...

Edited by Pimpdaddy

Sam sucked most of last year  He had 3 300 yard games at the start.... I assume that is what he was referring to.

After the first three games, we replaced:
    CMC with "can't catch a cold" Chubba
    Dan Arnold with Ian  "I struggled all last year with the playbook" Thomas
    and Robby Anderson with his evil twin, Dropsies McGee

Then our bad OLmen got hurt and had to be replaced with our even worse OLmen.
Top it off with a man child OC who wouldn't adjust and just blamed everyone around him.

Last year was Sam's worst year in the NFL and that is saying something after the jets.  It was probably his last year as a starter.  Sam sucked, but we were also slaughtered by injuries. 

If CMC is truly made of tissue paper and our 1st round pick goes down for the season AGAIN and our OL is ravaged with injuries...I predict that we will suck again, regardless of who put behind center.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

27 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

This would have been a good statement directly after the trade and/or if he had played well this past season. It's currently getting the backlash it deserves

According to the article, that's when he said it. It's not that big a deal to me. How many guys say crap like that when they get cut, traded, or even fired from their job. Granted he still sucked, but telling the Jets they made a mistake is no big deal. 

d136f0aa-de34-449c-8b53-cd23a7f8af5d_text.gif

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

According to the article, that's when he said it. It's not that big a deal to me. How many guys say crap like that when they get cut, traded, or even fired from their job. Granted he still sucked, but telling the Jets they made a mistake is no big deal. 

d136f0aa-de34-449c-8b53-cd23a7f8af5d_text.gif

Just sayin' he could have kept it to himself even if he did say it at the proper time in private

• Beer 1

My prediction for Darnold this year is that he’s serviceable behind a really good line and a top 10 running game. I think CMC stays healthy, the line blocks well and Sam goes for something like 25/12, 3800 yards, 63% comp, 85 QBR. It’ll be his best season and he’ll earn a backup job somewhere next year but we’ll move on and focus on trying to get a player like Stroud, Young, or even a vet like Derek Carr. 

Darnold is a guy that needs the team around him to be good to really flourish. He was never the put the team on his back guy. Everybody knows this.

When we played well and were healthy, Sam was fun to watch. Once the team fell apart, he looked bad.

Sam has the potential to make people eat their words. He'll just never bring that into reality. This league necessitates a QB that can carry an offense now. You're not going to win many games relying on the run and throwing off playaction anymore. Sam would have been the man in the 2000s.

5th year in the league, the guy is a vet. 4 terrible years of film, and it goes back to school. 

You can build a great team around him and win against bad or hurt teams. They really fugged up when they picked up his 5th year, losing the picks was bad enough but we could have used that cap on anyone else. 

How long until CMC is hurt and the D gets to play normal? Our schedule looks way tougher than last season. Sam still didn't score a TD for 5 games last year. 

scotch drinking GIF

• Flames 5