• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ellis - "When it comes to big time issues, like quarterback, the owner is pretty involved."

trueblade

2 hours ago, CRA said:

It's like the Panthers.  They are going to let lameduck Matt Rhule waste a top 10 pick on Pickett.  Fire Rhule.  Bring in a new HC.  He most likely isn't going to want Pickett but his own QB. 

Do you generally find it rational to spend time complaining about things that may or may not happen?  What % chance are you actually putting on the Panthers drafting Pickett?

• Beer 2
  • Poo 1

2 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Do you generally find it rational to spend time complaining about things that may or may not happen?  What % chance are you actually putting on the Panthers drafting Pickett?

I mean, this is a Panthers message board.  Speculating about the future is like 95% of what goes on in the offseason. 

I'd probably put the odds on drafting Pickett as high as any other player.  

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, this is a Panthers message board.  Speculating about the future is like 95% of what goes on in the offseason. 

I'd probably put the odds on drafting Pickett as high as any other player.  

"Speculating" seems like an awfully charitable interpretation of what you've been doing but okay I guess.  I prefer to speculate based on actual substantive reporting and scouting evaluations rather than a place of jadedness and bitterness; I don't think the latter is very productive.  What is your reasoning for the Panthers likely drafting Pickett? Cause "Rhule is dumb and trying to save his job"?

• Beer 2
  • Poo 1

24 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

"Speculating" seems like an awfully charitable interpretation of what you've been doing but okay I guess.  I prefer to speculate based on actual substantive reporting and scouting evaluations rather than a place of jadedness and bitterness; I don't think the latter is very productive.  What is your reasoning for the Panthers likely drafting Pickett? Cause "Rhule is dumb and trying to save his job"?

Pretty sure lots of media, analyst, etc view Pickett to Carolina with the #6 as something with pretty good odds.   Just as good of odds as any other player.  So.....I fail to see your issue with someone having an opinion about something widely talked about as possible. 

and yeah, lameduck HCs spending a high draft pick on a QB generally seems like a bad idea for an organziation.  Whether your HC is named Matt Rhule or not.  Our happens to be Matt Rhule and he happens to be a joke though. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

9 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Out of all the jaded and bitter posters on this site you chose to come after one of the most level headed guys on here. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

• Pie 2

5 hours ago, AU-panther said:

Just because he is involved doesn’t mean he decided to overrule everyone.  Maybe he wanted to but decided not to.

Either way, when it’s a high pick and a QB is involved the owner is almost always involved regardless of the team, none of this is earth shattering.

A QB is the face of a franchise, the franchise that the owner spend millions/billions of their money on.  Of course they are involved. 

I agree 100%. I don't think he means involved as in interfering. He's acting like an owner of a business. We saw this in the video last pre-season. He was sitting with his GM and HC and going through their process and asking questions and listening to their answers. Basically, he was making sure everything was getting done the way is was supposed to and that they were ready to do their jobs. He wasn't questioning their choices only their process which is what any good manager or in this case, owner, should do. You make sure your guys have gone through every possibility and thought everything out as best as possible to make sure they are not unprepared for their very important task.  

• Beer 2

I doubt that we will favor Pickett because of school allegiances. I do think if we pick Pickett is means we are substituting potential for current ability and going with the most pro ready guy because they don't have great faith in Darnold.  If you pick Willis you have to be willing to.play the long game. I think Rhule and Tepper are desperate to win and want the guy who  can best get that done. 

17 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I find it difficult to believe Tepper is going to be willing to watch another year of Darnold. I really think we take a QB at #6 or we trade back to take a QB. 

No question in my mind. And it will be pickett. Small hands aside, he has the traits. Doesnt mean he'll succeed but our best shot. 5 teams have 2 first round picks next year. Gotta think unless we bomb, we wont get a top three guy next year.

On 4/8/2022 at 4:15 PM, Panthers Rhule said:

I agree 100%. I don't think he means involved as in interfering. He's acting like an owner of a business. We saw this in the video last pre-season. He was sitting with his GM and HC and going through their process and asking questions and listening to their answers. Basically, he was making sure everything was getting done the way is was supposed to and that they were ready to do their jobs. He wasn't questioning their choices only their process which is what any good manager or in this case, owner, should do. You make sure your guys have gone through every possibility and thought everything out as best as possible to make sure they are not unprepared for their very important task.  

Yup…

…you’ve succinctly described the Appaloosa Way 👍, well done.

• Poo 1