• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Christensen vs The Draft Prospects

Mr. Scot

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think he very well could be and what frustrates me is that if we'd played him more there last year we'd likely have a much better idea on this question than we do currently.

Absolutely, we knew by midseason we weren't going anywhere with what we had.  BC had a far larger upside than anything we kept trotting out there.  All that I kept thinking of was Rhule doing a Rivera and playing veterans over rookies.   

I also thought we should have put Brown out there and let him work on his craft.  We blew a great opportunity to evaluate the younger talent on this team because Rhule was being bullheaded. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 4

3 hours ago, ColumbusCounty said:

Idunno how much stock anyone is to put is PFF. But FWIW, 

Cross: 86.7

Ickey: 91.6

Neal: 85.8

Lastly,

Christensen broke the PFF record for overall grade by a tackle at 96.0

Keep in mind Greg Little was 75.8 and All-SEC. 

As far as me, even if Brady is in our plans at LT, after the years we've had to endure previously, I'd make sure LT was no longer a problem for this franchise going forward. LT at 6.

It is probably hard to find a worse predictor of success than PFF college ratings.

Hence why their NFL draft big boards are usually so unbelievably bad.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

5 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Absolutely, we knew by midseason we weren't going anywhere with what we had.  BC had a far larger upside than anything we kept trotting out there.  All that I kept thinking of was Rhule doing a Rivera and playing veterans over rookies.   

I also thought we should have put Brown out there and let him work on his craft.  We blew a great opportunity to evaluate the younger talent on this team because Rhule was being bullheaded. 

Like Linville, this was one of my biggest frustrations about this past year.  Even if somebody was a wild optimist, we were 5-7 by the bye week and had five games left.  Our OL stunk.  At that point, if not before, BC should have been trotted out as the LT and Brown should have gotten plenty of snaps at G.

It sure would be nice to know exactly what we got in last year's draft.  But, we do know that BC is versatile, which apparently is more important than being decent - good - great at one position.  One minor position, like, oh, I don't know, LT.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

15 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

What do you believe?

I believe ge should have gotten more snaps at LT so we arent asking this fuging question going into such an important draft. If for no other reason, Rhule should have to answer for this terrible mismanagement.

• Pie 2

17 hours ago, Shotgun said:

Passing on a LT because you have Christensen would be like passing on a QB because you have Daniel Jones.

The difference is you have more than 3 game tape of of DJ playing his natural position. BC is an unknown in the league can’t tell you if he bad, average or great 

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Cam2Ligit2Quit said:

The difference is you have more than 3 game tape of of DJ playing his natural position. BC is an unknown in the league can’t tell you if he bad, average or great 

Another difference is BC is a year older than Jones. Hopefully BC can show us something before he turns 30. lol

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

“There’s people in the building that believe he can be the left tackle.”

Imagine if our staff last year had actually played him there in a lost season and found that answer before we go into a critical draft with little to no draft picks. 

man, week six of this season can’t come soon enough. I think Rhule gets six games and when we start 1-5 he’s sent packing. 

Edited by bigdog10
  • Pie 2

14 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Yep.

If the vets suck, do you really have anything to lose by playing the rookies? Especially if you're out of contention. It was just baffling to watch.

• Beer 2

On 4/12/2022 at 5:16 PM, kungfoodude said:

It is probably hard to find a worse predictor of success than PFF college ratings.

Hence why their NFL draft big boards are usually so unbelievably bad.

What were their OT rankings last year?

Also what big boards do you feel are good?

On 4/12/2022 at 5:56 PM, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Im stil hot over that, not just the OL, but EVERYONE that was young - Shi Smith, TMJ, TREMBLE!!!!!!!, taylor alll could/should have gotten more reps/snaps. Dumb as all hell not to do that. Nothing replaces in game snaps. 

• Beer 1