• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who is the second best tackle/left tackle in franchise history?

Proudiddy

7 hours ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

I remember him getting his hands on his man and pushing him basically to the far sideline on a running play in his first preseason.  I don't remember the team but it was their first team defense.

He was dominant when he was healthy, a prototype mauler of a right tackle.  Sucks he was another NFL coulda been if it wasn't for injuries.

e: I think it was against the Colts, just looked up the preseason schedule from 08.

Yeah his power and technique were elite, and defenders couldn't see around him so Williams and Stewart would make huge gains.

13 hours ago, DeSim said:

Either Byron Bell or Nate Chandler

But in all seriousness, I would say Oher.  He came in and instantly gave us what we had been missing in that position, did more than we could’ve asked for.  That damn concussion man.

It is unquestionably not Oher.

On 4/16/2022 at 9:06 AM, X-Clown said:

Travelle Wharton was decent when he had that job, although he was better as a guard

Travelle was probably the most unappreciated offensive linemen we ever had.  The guy could play every position on the line without any question.

So Travelle would be my choice.  I like Oher but he was only with us for a short while. 

• Beer 2

On 4/16/2022 at 12:59 AM, DeSim said:

Either Byron Bell or Nate Chandler

But in all seriousness, I would say Oher.  He came in and instantly gave us what we had been missing in that position, did more than we could’ve asked for.  That damn concussion man.

Was at the game where he got concussed. The whole game unraveled from there along with his career. Hate it for him and us.

Honestly, second best tackle might be Moton.

He is quiet, he does his job, but he's been surrounded by crap ever since he earned the starting role so people probably think less of him than they should. Moton is the lone bright spot in the garbage heap that is our line that Rhule has constructed.

image.png.f2829b122f174ad71ed2435ce78e77fe.png

People are overvaluing Otah. Dude was never healthy and he had more penalties in less than half the games that Moton has started:

image.png.5d2db6bb72ed817f92f87d663afe44b5.png

2 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Honestly, second best tackle might be Moton.

He is quiet, he does his job, but he's been surrounded by crap ever since he earned the starting role so people probably think less of him than they should. Moton is the lone bright spot in the garbage heap that is our line that Rhule has constructed.

image.png.f2829b122f174ad71ed2435ce78e77fe.png

People are overvaluing Otah. Dude was never healthy and he had more penalties in less than half the games that Moton has started:

image.png.5d2db6bb72ed817f92f87d663afe44b5.png

Its not might be he is the second best. Soon to be the best.

36 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

Brockermeyer then Jones. Stuessie wasn’t terrible.

Brockermeyer and then Stuessie.  Brockermeyer was solid, though not elite and Stuessie's problem was false starts and holds, IIRC.  Todd's protection was actually decent when he wasn't drawing flags.

when on the field and healthy?  Otah. 

career in Carolina? My money would be on Moton ending up w/ the 2 spot.  That obviously OTs in general.  

just left side?  Wharton IMO is underrated since he was primarily a OT.   He is my #3 on my all time OL in Carolina list.