• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jeremy Fowler: Panthers have done their due diligence on QB Jimmy Garoppolo

TheSpecialJuan

No harm, no foul...so far. No pending deal. If there's a deal, the Devil is always I the details. 

I just don't see anything happening on any front, save for a journeyman, without Darnold being shipped to the other party as a result, and what self-respecting GM wants to do that? 

But, if we can jettison Darnold and halfway fix the compounded path of destruction of the wake of that trade and mitigate future damage, I'd be OK with it. No more dilly-dallying with day 1 and day 2 draft picks, please?!

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

14 minutes ago, top dawg said:

No harm, no foul...so far. No pending deal. If there's a deal, the Devil is always I the details. 

I just don't see anything happening on any front, save for a journeyman, without Darnold being shipped to the other party as a result, and what self-respecting GM wants to do that? 

But, if we can jettison Darnold and halfway fix the compounded path of destruction of the wake of that trade and mitigate future damage, I'd be OK with it. No more dilly-dallying with day 1 and day 2 draft picks, please?!

That (Jettisoning Darnold) would be the only way I would do something like this, with the possible exception on Minshew on the cheap.  Even then, it would be only because we have zero QBs on the roster who are under contract after this season, and thankfully so.  Filling the entire QB depth chart at once is a tall order, which may be Rhule's replacement's first major lift.

But, barring a bargain-basement deal for somebody, let's stop throwing good money after bad.  While our QB room is not at all expensive by NFL standards this year, the return on that investment is extremely poor.  It will probably be negative, unless Darnold harnesses his inner Marino. 

Right now, his only inner Marino is Luigi, not Dan. 

• Pie 1

28 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

I wish we would just go ahead and get whatever bad QB the staff has convinced themselves on. I'm ready to move into the bargaining stage where I convince myself they'll be okay for a couple of weeks, before then repeating the cycle and hating everything again. 

Yeah, this feels inevitable. Let's just get whatever bad trade for Baker or Jimmy G done and start the process of getting rid of Rhule.

• Pie 3