• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What are some positives to come out of the Tepper era?

4 hours ago, Waldo said:

Check back in another 20 years, it may take that long to see any positives at this rate beyond his early pandering to the fans with the logo at mid field and the practice bubble.

i'll be in my 70's by then. i'm guessing i won't care too much at that point. hopefully there will have been a owner change by then and we've won a championship or two. 

• Beer 1

22 hours ago, CRA said:

We didn’t wait 7 years too late to fire Ron. Ron had a decent run.   Then it came to a close.  Like Foxy.  

Disagree. I wanted him gone after his second year. With a decent coach (and OC) I’m confident we not only would have won the ‘15 Super Bowl, but would have had a run of competitive years instead of just once every two or three years. 

1 minute ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Disagree. I wanted him gone after his second year. With a decent coach (and OC) I’m confident we not only would have won the ‘15 Super Bowl, but would have had a run of competitive years instead of just once every two or three years. 

This I agree with.

• Pie 1

23 hours ago, Pakmeng said:

I'd take Rivera over Rhule 100 out of 100 times.

Sure, but Rivera was a bum that wouldn’t have won poo without Cam. We saw what he was capable of once Cam got hurt and what he’s doing in Washington. I’m not glad we got Rhule, but I’m glad we got rid of Rivera. Tepper took a swing and missed. Hopefully his next swing will be more informed and work out better. 

9 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

He then went on to the playoffs 4 out of 5 seasons.  3 straight NFCS titles and had a Super Bowl team.  

what are the odds you fire Ron after 2 seasons and someone does better than that? 

Ron at least drafted a raw and unique QB and the team did stuff no one was doing.   So we took some lumps early and finished strong each year. Which is why he deserved to stay unlike Rhule 

I’ll gladly take another Ron run.   To win a Super Bowl requires the ball bouncing your way.  Getting calls.  Etc.   But Ron had a good run.   Best team in the NFL in 2015.  Just didn’t get the one that matters most. 

Ron was a Cam guy.  Only NFL coach who has been.  I don’t think you can say a new coach would have had the same type 2015 Ron did.  Doesn’t work that way.  Ron let Cam be Cam.   Which had its flaws.  But Ron let him be special and welcomed it.  

• Pie 2

Rivera worked well with Gettleman. Once Hurney was back in, it all went downhill.

He had a ceiling as a coach that he wasn't likely to get past. I don't doubt that parting ways with him was the right move.

I also don't doubt that if I had to choose between him and Matt Rhule, I'd take Rivera every time.

For whatever his limitations, Ron Rivera was at least an NFL coach.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2