• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Interesting

Zod

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

Lets say you have 8 players rated in the 60-63 group. Couple teams phone you up and one offers couple later picks plus their 100th pick to move up to 88? Isnt the smart move to take the offer? Once 100 comes you still have 3 players(since no boards are the same) left to pick form the 60-63 group, plus you got 197 and 215. Seems simple to me....

You do understand that we have dumb people running the show for our team, right?

Did you see how poorly all that dumb trading worked out last season/offseason?

These aren't the people you want trying to out smart anyone. They are out smarting themselves. 

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Pie 2

2 hours ago, mwright350 said:

So I fully understand why taking an elite DE or w/e would not be a bad pick and will likely be a better overall pick than any of these bum ass QBs we could take.

That said?  I'll still probably throw some poo and cuss a lot if we do it. Then again the more I think about it the less I think I'll be happy with whoever we pick at 6 so meh.  I'll just get the Huddle Riot Kit ready to go.

I am only gonna be pissed if a top shelf LT falls to us and we take a DE instead. That will make me mad.

• Pie 2

I keep thinking that if the board is wiped and Willis is there... do you trade back but I have that feeling Atlanta would pick him up and he would torture us for years. It always seems we stuck with shitty timing but you got to think long n hard on him if he aced the meetings. 

17 hours ago, Shotgun said:
  • EDGE Aidan Hutchinson, Michigan. ...
  •  T Charles Cross, Mississippi State. ...
  •  T Ikem Ekwonu, N.C. State. ...
  • T Evan Neal, Alabama. ...
  • EDGE Kayvon Thibodeaux, Oregon. ...

If all these guys are gone (unlikely) when we pick, I would be more willing to trade back, but I would still want a lot to do it. 

In that scenario if we can’t trade down, gimme da sauce babyyy

Scenario (Alternates in parenthesis):

1. JAX: Evan Neal OT (Aiden Hutchinson DE)

2. DET: Aiden Hutchinson DE (Thibodeaux DE/Walker DTE/Sauce CB)

3. HOU: Stingley CB (Sauce CB)

4. NYJ: JJII DE (Thibodeaux DE/Sauce CB/Walker DTE)

5. NYG: Cross OT...(or Walker, Thibodeaux?)

Available:

Walker, Sauce Gardner, Ickem Ekwonu, Kayvon Thibodeaux

We could trade down with a DE/CB needy team (SEA at 9?) and hope Ickem slides to it.  Have to think Sauce, Thib, & Walker would go.  Maybe even a WR.  

17 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I am only gonna be pissed if a top shelf LT falls to us and we take a DE instead. That will make me mad.

There is very good chance though that they don't have all 3 LTs rated as top shelf.   Us fans would be happy with any of the top-3 LTs, but in reality, the Panthers and most likely other teams might have a gap between OT2 and OT3.

I've said for awhile that going D is a very real possibility.  All the QB talk might be smokescreen, OT1 and OT2 could very easily go before we pick, we might not be crazy about OT3.

Also BC might factor into this.  We might start convincing ourselves that he can be a decent LT.

The fact Rhule is probably trying to win now might play into this also.  What helps us win more this year, going from BC at LT to OT3 or adding a stud DE?

1 hour ago, AU-panther said:

There is very good chance though that they don't have all 3 LTs rated as top shelf.   Us fans would be happy with any of the top-3 LTs, but in reality, the Panthers and most likely other teams might have a gap between OT2 and OT3.

I've said for awhile that going D is a very real possibility.  All the QB talk might be smokescreen, OT1 and OT2 could very easily go before we pick, we might not be crazy about OT3.

Also BC might factor into this.  We might start convincing ourselves that he can be a decent LT.

The fact Rhule is probably trying to win now might play into this also.  What helps us win more this year, going from BC at LT to OT3 or adding a stud DE?

TBH, probably neither of those helps us win now with Rhule as head coach.

I actually think the staff is lower on BC than the FO. That much was evident from how they played them and even the wishy washy statements from Rhule. I don't think he really believes in him as a LT. Which, I don't either.

It might not be just a gap between OT2 and OT3, these dummies might have a big gap between OT1 and OT2. There is no telling how dumb they are based on the past two years.

I am basically expecting us to somehow fug this up. I expect it even in a scenario where the choice is extremely easy, we will someone fug it up.

• Pie 1