• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 1 - The Carolina Panthers select Ikem Ekwonu

Zod

1 hour ago, TheRumGone said:

Ickey is fine but again this is now a passing league, qb driven. Let’s hope he becomes as dominant in pass pro as he is in the run game.

He's a Sewell clone - they loved Sewell last year.

The OLine Coach will want to get his hands on him immediately 'cos he has a lot of technical flaws. He's probably a better athlete than Cross (who would have been my pick).

1 hour ago, TheRumGone said:

yeah people don’t wanna talk about this but cross was the pass pro technician and this is a passing league so if we had to go LT then I would’ve preferred the better pass pro prospect for the next decade. Icky is super talented and it doesn’t mean he can’t get better at pass pro but the panthers continue to build this team like it’s still the 80s.

I remember the last time we drafted a ‘pass pro technician’.

• Beer 1

Ekwonu has made significant improvements starting all the way back in HS and his trajectory has been one line up not a line that consists of peaks and valley’s. You take that type of kid all day long because 1) he’s already elite in one area (run blocking), 2) you have one of the best OL coaches in the NFL.

Ickey also isn’t as bad of a pass protector as he’s made out to be.

Through the first 5 games of last year he didn’t give up a single sack. There’s obviously work to be done but his trajectory is only going up.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 1

There’s a lot of guys doing YouTube things these days but when it comes to offensive linemen this guy has a history of knowing his poo. As soon as we drafted Ekwonu, I went and looked for this dudes take. Fwiw he was a big Slater fan last year.

Edited by *FreeFua*
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

12 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Icky, BC/Brown, Bozeman, Corbett, Moton has a ton of potential! 

And we have depth now as well--BC can backup both T spots while Elf can backup C/G.  Brown (a mystery to me right now) can backup G.  We can cut Erving--

• Pie 1