• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What to do with remaining cap room?

Reebis21

For those that think the ship is sailed on Baker and Jimmy G, what do u all for see us doing with the remaining cap? Any rumors tying us to any current free agents?

I read a report this morning that at 4pm, any remaining free agents that are signed, won’t count against the compensatory picks. Still some big names out there.

Tyrann Mathieu
OBJ
Julio Jones
Duane Brown
Jadeveon Clowney
Melvin Ingram
Gronkowski
Akiem Hicks
Jerry Hughes
JC Tretter

Or do we sit tight and just wait for offseason cuts? 

Edited by Reebis21

Chinn and Xavier Woods are probably set for our safety spots. But with our DB heavy packages, could use another to consistently have out there over the whole Hartsfield/Franklin/Chandler/Robinson crew. I do like those 4 but could use upgrades.

DL could and always should get added. A DT to compete with Roy and Nixon would be good.

And I actually want a WR. Can’t trust Robbie and Marshall wasn’t good enough for enough snaps last year.

The cap room at the least gives us the ability to eat Robbie’s dead money and just release him if we can’t get a trade. Would think we can get an2023 6th for him or something but if not..cut. And they’ll be guys to sign come the cuts to 53.

12 minutes ago, davos said:

The cap room at the least gives us the ability to eat Robbie’s dead money and just release him if we can’t get a trade. Would think we can get an2023 6th for him or something but if not..cut. And they’ll be guys to sign come the cuts to 53.

RA isn't getting cut. You honestly think that would happen? There is 0 reasons to cut him unless he's a locker room issue. I don't think that's really the case with Sam Darnold being a lame duck. He's also worth more than a 6th round pick. If we had intentions of trading Robby though it would have been before or during the draft. I would be shocked if he wasn't on the team week 1.