• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ray Lewis or Luke Kuechly

35 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Taylor?

just talking LBs in general, since Luke also played on the inside and in 3-4, (though I thought this was incredibly stupid)…Taylor also played some (albeit very limited) middle

but yea generally the best played middle and also in a 4-3 (obviously)

Edited by onmyown

1 hour ago, rippadonn said:

Luke's game IQ puts him ahead Lewis. To me Luke is up there with Mike Singletary.

That's top of the top.

wait what? I don't think IQ was one of ray's weaknesses either> Ray might be the most feared linebacker in history. As great as he was and I do think he was superior to Ray in coverage that might be about it. Ray a much more devastating hitter. i give him the edge there.

Edited by micnificent28

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

You are a recent UNC fan????

I was too young to watch Taylor but I’ve watched everything I could find online of him back when I played for texas state (also a OLB)

funny thing - I think his first contract was like 6 years for 6 million dollars back then lol

how things have changed

• Beer 1

43 vs 34 LBs

Ray was incredible against the run, physically intimidating and HOFer.

Luke was good against run and great overall.

2 systems, both excelling.  If Luke had made it 3 more years in the league, he would get the nod.

• Pie 1

I would say the best people to ask would be the quarterbacks that played against both.  I think they are both great.  I loved watching the chess game between Luke and opposing quarterbacks.  They would line up Luke would diagnose, they would audible,  rinse and repeat.  I did not get to see Ray play as often, but he was a huge impact player and right up there in the greatest of all time.  I think the time Luke spent in the league puts him right in that conversation as well.  

Edited by Barney