• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you think there is a legitimate chance we sign Clowney? Considering his price tag, does it even make sense for us?

Julio

16 minutes ago, Pakmeng said:

What is his price tag? 

There are rumors that the Browns offered a two year deal worth $24m. We’d need to match or beat that, which would near Haason Reddick territory at that point.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

17 minutes ago, Pakmeng said:

What is his price tag? 

This is the number one question.

16 minutes ago, xPariahx said:

I bet he stays in Cleveland. I only want him if he's cheap. That's the only way it makes sense.

Cheap doesn’t seem like it makes sense for any pro bowl level player. Why would offer his services for cheap you’d never sign up for a job and look to save the job money. He’s worth a decent two year deal and he’s excellent against the run and a decent pass rusher. We can scheme up blitzes and pressure but our run D was atrocious he makes to much sense. No one goes into the season thinking we are tanking we trying to win and you need skill players to do that.

• Beer 2

Just now, MHS831 said:

He is inconsistent and wears out his welcome quickly. I think he is motivated by money and not the love of the game.  Hard Pass.

Hes trying to bleed any foolish team dumb enough to sign him. Only time he's motivated is when he's playing for a contract. 

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, Julio said:

There are rumors that the Browns offered a two year deal worth $24m. We’d need to match or beat that, which would near Haason Reddick territory at that point.

He made $8M last season on what was more or less a "one year, show us what you've got" deal.  So the rumors about what Cleveland has on the table are not unreasonable, especially since the Browns are not oozing DL talent, other than Garrett.

Whether he and his agent think it is reasonable is another question.  I could see it coming down to who is willing to guarantee him the most over the longest term, which given some of his injuries would be a gamble. 

There is also speculation that the only teams that would be a threat to the Browns resigning him are closer to home, so us, the Falcons, Jags, or Titans.  I'm not sure who out of that group would be interested enough to aggressively pursue him and vice-versa.

27 minutes ago, trucpfan said:

This is the number one question.

Cheap doesn’t seem like it makes sense for any pro bowl level player. Why would offer his services for cheap you’d never sign up for a job and look to save the job money. He’s worth a decent two year deal and he’s excellent against the run and a decent pass rusher. We can scheme up blitzes and pressure but our run D was atrocious he makes to much sense. No one goes into the season thinking we are tanking we trying to win and you need skill players to do that.

My point is, I don't think he's worth over paying for. We start next year over the cap. He definitely would help. I think what im saying isn't that hard to decipher. He also has a reputation for only playing when he wants to soooo. Go get him if only if his price is respectable.

27 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

He is inconsistent and wears out his welcome quickly. I think he is motivated by money and not the love of the game.  Hard Pass.

He is good against the run.  We are REAL bad against the run.  Can't hurt and we have cap space. 

• Pie 1

They need to makeup for the loss of Riddick. No two ways about it. If they want a decent pass rusher and run stopper, then they will have to spend some of that cap $$$.

Cheaping out at the edge will not win them games.....but could definitely lose them some. If not Clowney, then someone else who can do the job.

Edited by Jmac
  • Pie 2