• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Are The Chances that Christian McCaffrey Stays Healthy?

Pantha-kun

What Are the Chances that Christian McCaffrey Actually Stays Healthy?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Serious question. Do you think he'll actually stay healthy this season? If he does that would be huge.

• 100%
    • 95%
    • 90%
    • 80%
    • 70%
    • 60%
    • 50%
    • 40%
    • 30%
    • 20%
    • 10%
    • Below 10%
    • No chance. He's already injury prone and they will just keep accumulating until he retires sadly.

He's had a severe problem with getting injured the past two years. I just wanted to know if you think he will be able to be healthy this year or not?  If we actually had CMC and halfway decent QB play, combined with a much improved o line. This offense could look very different. 

Myself. I just can't tell if these injuries are just random occurrences or if theyre mounting / connected to each other? That strangest thing is that he was extremely sturdy in his first 2 or 3 years, I don't know what happened after that. 

I really wish they'd use Foreman as the RB and just put CMC at slot WR. At least then they could say they tried to keep him healthy. Even though he'd probably not like that and probably wants to play running back. 

• Poo 1

If you remove CMC's name from that poll, you should still get 50% or less certainty. The NFL is a wildcard when it comes to injuries. Every year we see a big name go down for the count. Its a physical sport and injuries are part of the game. It's wild we are critical on a person getting injured in a sport where you are getting hit by the equivilent of a truck going 20mph every week, and sometimes twice a week. 

We have quikcly lost focus on the dangers of thursday night football. NFL teams should make that their rest games and play their 2s. Basically giving Goodell a big fug you. 

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 4

Having a big OL to keep players off him should help. If McAdoo uses him correctly (signing Foreman to supplement Hubbard gives me hope) he should hold up better this season. We really need him to help develop Corral. He is a nice safety net for a young signal caller. 

• Pie 3

7 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Having a big OL to keep players off him should help. If McAdoo uses him correctly (signing Foreman to supplement Hubbard gives me hope) he should hold up better this season. We really need him to help develop Corral. He is a nice safety net for a young signal caller. 

He was hurt with a non-contact injury though. 

CMC is at his best when he is 1 on 1 with a defender and in the open field. If we can stop running him up the middle 20 times a game like he's Jonathan Stewart, then I think he has a good shot to stay healthy. I'd be ok if he dropped back down to his rookie year weight and played the same role he did as sort of an offensive weapon lining up all over the field instead of just at RB and force the defense into some tough match ups. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

He was hurt with a non-contact injury though. 

True, but I’m sure fighting through constant contact behind the line of scrimmage contributed some wear and tear. That cut shouldn’t normally injure a person in his shape, I think all the hits did the most damage that was just the final straw needed to injure him. 

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, CmC2k said:

CMC is at his best when he is 1 on 1 with a defender and in the open field. If we can stop running him up the middle 20 times a game like he's Jonathan Stewart, then I think he has a good shot to stay healthy. I'd be ok if he dropped back down to his rookie year weight and played the same role he did as sort of an offensive weapon lining up all over the field instead of just at RB and force the defense into some tough match ups. 

This is true but realistically if you have to do this you probably shouldn't have invested a top 10 draft pick and the most expensive RB contract. This team needs a power running game and we always knew McCaffrey wasn't going to be that.

• Pie 4