• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corral

Martin

15 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

We literally weren't even the worst OL in the NFL, much less the worst in Panthers history.

And, no, I am not buying into starting Darnold......ever. I literally don't want to see him again on the field in this uniform. He is a bottom 3 starting QB in franchise history. I don't want to see him cement a #1 status.

Joe Burrow has gotten the fuging poo kicked out of him the past two seasons. If Corral is broken by a bad to mediocre OL, he was probably never gonna be the guy. fug the kid gloves, if the motherfuger can play, let him play. He's a late 3rd round pick, figure it the fug out.

Statistically I think they there were ranked 31…so yea not last I guess. Am I forgetting a year the oline ranked last? I think the lowest it ever ranked under Cam was 23/24 if I remember correctly.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-final-2021-offensive-line-rankings

If you have another measuring stick besides that, I’d be curious where it ranked the Panthers.

I get it, start Corrall because Darnold sucks ass. Which basically covers Rhule fug up. But I disagree, I’d start him because he’s ready, and the team is somewhat stable. I disagree throwing him in there for any other reason.

Joe Burrow is simply an anomaly. For one it’s apples to oranges as Burrow was a MUCH better prospect than Corral. Second that is literally the 4th or 5th time a team has made it than far with that bad of an oline since 2000. So 22 years. And the times it did happen before Burrow was the Manning’s. So HOF qbs.

Burrow really was an anomaly on so many levels. It was extraordinarily impressive.

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, onmyown said:

Statistically I think they there were ranked 31…so yea not last I guess. Am I forgetting a year the oline ranked last? I think the lowest it ever ranked under Cam was 23/24 if I remember correctly.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-final-2021-offensive-line-rankings

If you have another measuring stick besides that, I’d be curious where it ranked the Panthers.

I get it, start Corrall because Darnold sucks ass. Which basically covers Rhule fug up. But I disagree, I’d start him because he’s ready, and the team is somewhat stable. I disagree throwing him in there for any other reason.

Joe Burrow is simply an anomaly. For one it’s apples to oranges as Burrow was a MUCH better prospect than Corral. Second that is literally the 4th or 5th time a team has made it than far with that bad of an oline since 2000. So 22 years.

That's PFF rankings, which are somewhat imperfect. Plus they are limited to recent memory and not historically. IIRC, if you look at the FO rankings(which span a longer period as well) the unit was eclipsed in it's futility by at least another 2-4 Panthers OL's.

Even if you look at raw statistics like QB Pressures, sacks, rushing average, etc....this wasn't the Panthers worst. Nor the NFL's worst last season.

We just get myopic about it because we had to watch this poo week after week.

I will never agree on Corral or any young QB. I don't subscribe to the kid gloves doctrine because I don't believe it matters at all. You are either gonna make it or you aren't. Peyton Manning looked like dogshit when he started right away. Still ended up a HOF player. Brees looked like a bust initially when he played right away. Still ended up as a HOFer. 

Conversely you can put mediocre QB's in amazing situations and they will fail. See Jimmy Garoppolo.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, onmyown said:

We can’t perfect everything but throw Corral in that situation and you pretty ruin any potential there is to begin with. For what? Because Darnold sucks ass? No thanks.

But Corral, Darnold, or whoever else shouldn't be in that situation. The Oline should be better because they didn't dumpster dive this offseason. If Corral is the best QB, then let him play. If he's not, still let him drive the tank so the Panthers can get a top QB next draft.

That season-opening 28-20 loss with Darnold is hopefully not gonna be enough to get 16 more games with him under center.

You know it: a 28-10 deficit well into the fourth, when Watson/Cleveland QB TBA throws a pick, Darnold slings it out of bounds on third down, Gonzalez hits a FG and Darnold drives down for a garbage-time TD to make it look far more respectable than it was.

• Pie 1

A lot of middling QBs currently would've benefited from sitting at least a year and learning and getting comfortable.

Corral is not a guy you start out the gate. You give him time to beef up and get chemistry and comfort with the playbook. We have seen with 4 different QBs how limited you are when you don't have a lot of the offense installed and how predictable our offense becomes because of it. fuging give him a year behind anybody who can manage the games in the interim. He'll be walking into next season knowing most if not all the playbook and he'll know it like the back of his hand because he will have had thousands of reps and watching Sam or Baker on film. He'll be ready then and our offense won't be vanilla as fug.

• Pie 2