• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Albert Breer: Cleveland is willing to pay the Panthers half of Baker Mayfield’s contract

TheSpecialJuan

Yea try 75% and that’s a deal because no one is offering anything for a player you clearly are getting rid of. So owe 100% or 80% + get a 5th rounder and fight that urge to do what Browns do best (be stupid).

10 m just to compete for the starting gig is just plain dumb. Only thing dumber is paying flaccid cam 10m to start 2 games. Let’s not double down plz

• Pie 1

Yeah, surely they've moved off of that. Rhule and company can't accept that now lest they look like they were just needlessly posturing for going on two months. If they take that deal, they'll not only appear weak, they'll rightfully earn that reputation.

I think the word is "posers".

Edited by top dawg
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, t96 said:

“Pay it all, take Darnold, or keep your problem.”

should be our response

The Seahawks have Geno Smith and Drew Lock for a total of about $5M.  If we pay Sam and Baker a total of $30M to keep Corral on the bench all season long we're truly being run by some complete morons. One over payed future backup is enough for this season, they'll both walk next year anyway and we'll be once again over paying another journeyman in 2023. I hate that Rhule already mentioned keeping 3 qb's on the 53 man roster, and I bet he also probably wants PJ on practice squad

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Yeah, surely they've moved off of that. Rhule and company can't accept that now lest they look like they were just needlessly posturing for going on two months. If they take that deal, they'll not only appear weak, they'll rightfully earn that reputation.

I think the word is "posers".

I'd go with "Suckers"

Cut PJ and roll with the two young guys to save a roster spot.  We have a lot of talent at WR right now and there’s a decent chance someone will get scooped up if we put anyone worthwhile on the practice squad.  Or at least use it for depth somewhere else.  We really don’t need 3 QBs on the roster with Brandon “Renaissance Man” Zylstra on the team 

Honestly… I’ll take anyone over watching Sam suit up in my teams gear week 1. I could care less about the financials of it, not my money, not my problem. If Sam is actually the starting QB week 1, I can’t think of a season in memory (maybe the Clausen year) that I’ll be going into it less involved and engaged in the upcoming season. 

Just get that bum out of here. 

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

Yeah, apparently we won't take more than $5million of Baker's contract.  If the Browns want rid of Baker that badly, what's another $4M?

They can easily throw this right back at us. They can tell us if we truly want to roll with Sam instead of forking over an extra $4m, to go right ahead