• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker Mayfield is a Carolina Panther

uncfan888

This was a high reward low cost possibility. Baker is not far removed from having a good year and he will have a good line and good weapons. With our passing scheme it should be qb friendly making Baker likely better than he would be in a different scheme.  I didn't want the trade originally but now that it is done I am going to be his biggest fan.  The 5th rounder and 5 million are inconsequential to the prospect that he can start for us and win games.  If he ends up balling out he surely can help us and perhaps make up competitive again.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Like I said, this is worst case scenario, we are going to extend this jackass based on average play

Seems like just yesterday Fitt was bragging about scouting wilson, drafting him and then turning him loose into a franchise qb.

What if he goes for 65%, 4000 yards, 32 TDs and 10 INTs?  Would you want to extend him then?

3 hours ago, YoungPanthers89 said:

It's pretty great value if they think one of those guys can be the franchise QB

He isn't a franchise QB.  Like, Sam and Teddy before that...Baker is a question that has already been answered.    

and Matt Rhule is too.  The brand is clearly insanity.  Doing the same thing year after year and thinking somehow it will be different this time.   Can't wait for Rhule season 4 - The Daniel Jones Project. 

• Pie 3

31 minutes ago, bandu said:

oh boy I tell you what right now that Baker Mayfield is going to in fact  blossom into a a really good quarterback here in Carolina barring of course no injuries

Why didn't he blossom the Browns?

Not going to happen. Ship has sailed THATS why they lusted after lusty DW.

Just now, rippadonn said:

Why didn't he blossom the Browns?

Not going to happen. Ship has sailed THATS why they lusted after lusty DW.

...is that a serious question?

Okay, let's pretend that's not self-explanatory, and I'll give you a serious answer:

He had as many head coaches as he had years on the team.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1