• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker Mayfield is a Carolina Panther

uncfan888

11 hours ago, rippadonn said:

He'll be exactly what he's been, taking up space when we already have what we need. Totally unnecessary and smells like somebody putting their "connections" into play. 

Connect with successful teams do what they do STOP trying to recycle bad Jets and Browns dang it.

He sucks. He won't be any better here than he was in Cleveland. Stop bringing in losers. 

It was him or Darnold.  Baker has been much better than Darnold.  If hes bad this year then they both walk.  They are trying to solve a problem by literally taking no risk when no other move could be made this season and people are still complaining.   I don't really get it.

3 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Marginally better and thats even debatable.

I dont want us to lose, I want us to have a plan.  And trading for this dumb dumb on a year contract isnt a plan. 

Nah, its just not the plan you want. They got Baker to replace Sam. The team believes in the OLine talent they brought in and they believe in this defense. If he plays well this year then good, we can try and extend him and keep it rolling. If not you can cut bait and move on to Corral and potentially draft one next year if it falls that way ( it is on record we will be getting new QBs in the door every year ).

This is a plan to not force yourself to play a 3rd round rookie. If Matt beats these other guys out in camp I am sure he will start. You have to remember Fitt was there when they started rookie Wilson over Flynn who they had just paid a bunch of money to start. I think its just people on here who are so caught up with HAVING to see what Corral looks like as the starter, when as a team they are just looking at it as can we get a QB we can win with. They will not cry over the 3rd round pick if Baker pans out and they won't cry over the 5th if he doesn't. 

• Beer 1

*Good trade for an average starting QB

-Huddle Posters- Bullshit franchise doesn't know what it's doing!  Stop with the Baker dick riding you sunshiners!  We are so screwed!!!  He is either going to win too many games or suck!  He is average at best but as good as Darnold!

Gotta love this place...

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

*Good trade for an average starting QB

-Huddle Posters- Bullshit franchise doesn't know what it's doing!  Stop with the Baker dick riding you sunshiners!  We are so screwed!!!  He is either going to win too many games or suck!  He is average at best but as good as Darnold!

Gotta love this place...

6-12-6-6

He aint even average bro

21 minutes ago, Silent Majority said:

The Mayfield d#ck riding from the second chance sunshine brigade is actually pretty phenomenal. To think the Browns will cast off a "stud", takes an incredible amount of cognitive contortion. 

All you have to do is look at the playbook from the prior season w/ Sam.  Sam actually can be really good it was all the Jets.  Or the one prior with Teddy.   Teddy isn't Captain Checkdown!!  He will be totally something new here. 

Baker was meh despite playing w/ one of the better overall rosters in the NFL.  A good QB wins a lot of games when tasked to manage games w/ one of the better rosters in all the NFL.   Baker isn't a good QB.  But he will be more fun to watch than Sam.  Baker will have his moments though.  He always does. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, philit99 said:

Mayfield is as close to Delhomme as I have seen in years. What version of Delhomme did we get? Who knows, but if it is pre surgery Jake and DJ Moore can bring his internal Steve Smith, we are dangerous.

I definitely get the style comparison, though I'd say Mayfield is probably a lot more talented than Delhomme was.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I definitely get the style comparison, though I'd say Mayfield is probably a lot more talented than Delhomme was.

Honestly, if Mayfield and McAdoo can get going early, No one will want to play the Panthers this year. We look really good, on paper. Will it play out, I’ll shake my magic eightball and give you the answer, “Ask again Later”

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

All you have to do is look at the playbook from the prior season w/ Sam.  Sam actually can be really good it was all the Jets.  Or the one prior with Teddy.   Teddy isn't Captain Checkdown!!  He will be totally something new here. 

Baker was meh despite playing w/ one of the better overall rosters in the NFL.  A good QB wins a lot of games when tasked to manage games w/ one of the better rosters in all the NFL.   Baker isn't a good QB.  But he will be more fun to watch than Sam.  Baker will have his moments though.  He always does. 

Baker has thrown a ton of INTs. 

For the number 1 pick - he’s in bust territory IMO