• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What is your excitement level now?

Zod

4, was hoping to see what the rookie had to see if it still needed to be addressed next draft with this loaded draft class. What happens if Baker does decent? He wants 25-30mil a year and tie up cap when maybe we have a rookie that can be sufficient. 

Went from a 3 to a 5. There's still not a ton to be excited about this season. Loved the Icky pick but LTs aren't sexy and often not impact players in year 1. Also loved the Corral pick but reality is the odds of him contributing at all in year 1 are extremely low. We still have Rhule who is a big concern and some concerns on defense. McCaffrey's health and Baker's play are the two wildcards, if both turn out as we hope I could see us being a wildcard playoff team which would be awesome but it's just still very hard to get excited about this team more than a 5 right now. Maybe if the last 4 years hadn't been so terrible. Also those past 4 years will make it hard for me to get excited even if we start the season off hot as we are now accustomed to collapses in the 2nd half of the season. Would not surprise me at all to start the season like 5-1 with Baker dominating only to see us finish 7-10. The team has not earned the benefit of the doubt in any regard since Tepper took over as owner, so they'll need to prove it to me before I start really getting excited.

Edited by t96