• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

WalterFootball... High on the Panthers for the NFC?

thunderraiden

I've reported this thread to have it removed.

Just kidding.

You'd think that a good quarterback would want to join a team that has the Jay-Z of NFL head coaches patrolling the sidelines. Curiously, none of the great signal-callers available this spring wanted to go to Carolina. Fortunately for the Panthers, they obtained a new quarterback in the summer, trading for Baker Mayfield. This makes them a contender in the NFC; they did a good job of improving their offensive line, especially with the Ikem Ekwonu pick, and Christian McCaffrey is set to return from injury.

Edited by poundaway
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 1

I started at #1 and stopped reading when I got to the San Diego Chargers. 

What kind of time warp am I in when the Chargers are in San Diego while the Raiders are in Las Vegas?  I can reconcile the Chargers with the Los Angeles Rams by simply turning back the clock to 1994, but then the Raiders would be in Los Angeles.  Granted, I am a closer to Roswell, NM than probably anybody on this board, but I am still a few hours away.

• Beer 2
  • Flames 2

As much as I love my panthers … I think our season will be the same as the last 3, especially if 22 gets hurt again.

I am hoping they use all 3 RBs to help 22 stay healthy. I have said for years, a good OL can help a RB stay healthy (more fall forward. Instead on backward). 

when McCaffrey played last year, it changes the opposing teams defense, in our favor. But if we lose McCaffrey again … look for 4-5 wins again.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Looking at the schedule, I just can't see it, but I will acknowledge that we probably won't know if we're competitve until late September or early October and won't know if we're legit legit until late November.

Baker's going to make that big of a difference, huh? I'll believe it when I see it.

44 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I had no idea Walter football was such a nut job looking at his Twitter replies. I think his site is best left to keeping track of available free agents, everything else has turned kinda childish

Yikes...he's a prime example of why you should have a personal Twitter and a business Twitter and keep them far, far detached from one another.

• Beer 3

4 hours ago, Panther53521 said:

As much as I love my panthers … I think our season will be the same as the last 3, especially if 22 gets hurt again.

I am hoping they use all 3 RBs to help 22 stay healthy. I have said for years, a good OL can help a RB stay healthy (more fall forward. Instead on backward). 

when McCaffrey played last year, it changes the opposing teams defense, in our favor. But if we lose McCaffrey again … look for 4-5 wins again.

22 will never play a full season again. 2/3rd to half at best.