• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

(un)OFFICIAL THREAD TO DEBATE PROS AND CONS OF GETTING TO PRACTICE EARLY

ladypanther

7 hours ago, Paa Langfart said:

pros for early:  chance to take a poo in a fresh toilet without neighbors in adjacent stalls.

thats enough for me.

Reminds me of the time I was in Sears and Roebuck and had to "go." I walked with purpose to the restroom, trying to appear as cool as possible, swung open the door, and spied the stalls. Lo and behold, nary a stall had a door. Well, I "skipped" down to the last one by the far wall--neither early or late--and conducted my business right on time. 

As fate would have it, some bozo walked in. I heard his footsteps coming closer. He stretched his head and our eyes met for a half a second as he instantly pivoted in the other direction. Without a word, he knew what I said: "You're too late, bud."

Take from that what you will.

• Beer 2

I think getting there  "early"  of  "first" is a bit over rated.  In my opinion it shows a good attitude.  But I'm sure there is a list of HOF'ers who never got to "practice" early or "first".

Some of it can be coach speak ,,    " he's the first here and last to leave" etc.   or the media pumping up their favorite player  "  he's  the first QB to get here everyday"  ( meaning he's not really the first player, just the first QB etc)  .

It's just a good attitude barometer in many cases. 

11 hours ago, Wolfcop said:

I am cool if you show up early, but if you don't give solid effort while you are at work, then I don't care when you came. Some old schoolers still view being early as some great thing in and of itself. 

No "old schooler" ever said "show up early and then do nothing". The assumption is rhat your effort is good along with showing up early.

Why kids think they know all is something I'll never undunderstand. Or especially now where they are taught everything that came before them is bad in some way, shape, or form.

Pro tip, being early is still a good thing in our culture. A lack of effort was never acceptable except, ironically, in unionized work. That aside, no boomer said show up early and sit on your ass.

19 hours ago, Panthering said:

Pros: Boomers like my dad love hearing stuff like this and think it's still true
Cons: It's not 1976 anymore

I remember back in the day when ole Boomer Cam Newton was first on the field.  Watched it on the old black and white boob tube with the rabbit ears if memory serves correctly 

• The D 1