• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Disciplinary Officer Sue Robinson is expected to announce her decision on Deshaun Watson's potential suspension Monday 9am EST

TheSpecialJuan

There better be a really good explanation for the suspension length or I think there will be some serious repercussions among fans, especially women. Right now it clearly sends the message that as long as you're a star, you can do whatever the hell you want. 

But hey, the next time another player is accused of something like this we should expect him to dress for a game, but only be required to sit out the 1st quarter. 

9 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

So for the equivalence of Derrick Brown, Star Lotuleli and Vernon Butler we could have had Watson and 6 game wrist slap had Mr. Brass Balls money talks just guaranteed his contract

Yay for Baker / Darnold

This would depend greatly on whether or not you think this is the last time Watson will be in the news for doing stupid poo. To me the odds don't favor the Browns. Even with this news I still say they saved us from ourselves.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

There better be a really good explanation for the suspension length or I think there will be some serious repercussions among fans, especially women. Right now it clearly sends the message that as long as you're a star, you can do whatever the hell you want. 

But hey, the next time another player is accused of something like this we should expect him to dress for a game, but only be required to sit out the 1st quarter. 

This is what people said with Ray Rice and nothing happened to the NFL.  Nothing will happen this time either.

• Beer 3

10 minutes ago, frankw said:

This would depend greatly on whether or not you think this is the last time Watson will be in the news for doing stupid poo. To me the odds don't favor the Browns. Even with this news I still say they saved us from ourselves.

Even if he stays out of the news the rest of his career, this could still be a disastrous trade for Cleveland.

11 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

The nfl is corrupt. If anyone has a problem with this they should stop watching now. If you look at this as just entertainment and not some sort of morality show then you’ll stop yourself from being disappointed. 

Indeed.

If you are looking for fairness in the NFL(or most professional sports) you are going to be sorely disappointed. 

Better just get over it now or move on to another sport. I can promise you that if Watson resumes being an elite QB, in two years people will barely recall this.

Reference any number of NFL players that continued their careers after incidents as bad or worse than Watson.

It just is what it is.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

17 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Bingo!  Rules for thee, but not for me.  So as long as his accusers got paid, the penalty was less severe.  If only Watson could have upped the sum enough to make this go away sooner, hell, he could have been starting week 1.

If it were you, you wouldn’t be suspended from your job at all because chances are they’d never know. Again 0 criminal charges, and they looked into it. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

This is a woman making the decision and announcement.   That makes it interesting.  Does she do anything that disgraces her gender in a male-dominated industry?  I do not think so.

Unfortunately I think they put her front and center as damage control. I don’t remember the disciplinary officer being this publicized.

• Beer 1

Bear in mind, the NFL only submitted five cases to be reviewed. I could easily see the NFL stating that this was the penalty for those five. For the other umpteen cases out there, an additional six games (or more) could be applied. 

The five cases had the most evidence, so they carried the most weight, but the sheer number of remaining cases makes adding more games reasonable. It's not reasonable to delay a decision while all of the other cases are explored further.

12 games is reasonable for ALL of the cases. Six is not.