• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why is PJ Walker EVEN on the team?

TheBigKat

22 hours ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

PJ is MILES ahead of Corral and it showed. People really need to drop the delusions with MC. Hating on PJ is popular around here, but the guy has literally proven he can win games as a backup. But no,  “muh Corral is getting reps stolen from him”

Yeah about that. I'm fine with PJ being here as a backup...if Darnold is gone.

The point is you drafted Corral with the intention of him learning. He won't learn poo being behind 3 QBs (2 of which wouldn't be thought to start on any other roster in the league).

So if we're keeping PJ, adios Sam. If we're keeping Sam, adios PJ. As it stands, I'd rather have Sam as I think he's the better of the 2 at his best. PJ at his best is a good backup. Sam at his best is a competent starter. This has been shown in actual games last season. It's like saying Derek Anderson could have started when he got us wins. No. He just played backup well. Wasn't risky, protected the ball, did enough to not lose. Same as PJ.

6 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Rhule would cut Baker before he cut Walker.

He is going to have to cut PJ or Darnold. He can’t keep 4 QBs on the roster. That’s just a waste of a roster spot and stupid. Damn it that’s exactly what he is going to do isn’t it???

20 minutes ago, lightsout said:

Yeah about that. I'm fine with PJ being here as a backup...if Darnold is gone.

The point is you drafted Corral with the intention of him learning. He won't learn poo being behind 3 QBs (2 of which wouldn't be thought to start on any other roster in the league).

So if we're keeping PJ, adios Sam. If we're keeping Sam, adios PJ. As it stands, I'd rather have Sam as I think he's the better of the 2 at his best. PJ at his best is a good backup. Sam at his best is a competent starter. This has been shown in actual games last season. It's like saying Derek Anderson could have started when he got us wins. No. He just played backup well. Wasn't risky, protected the ball, did enough to not lose. Same as PJ.

It’s not exactly like saying DA should have started. I don’t want PJ to potentially be a starter here. It’s just a tricky situation that Rhule put himself in. I’m pushing back against people that believe Corral can be a savior for the franchise. It’s Jimmy Clausen all over again

10 hours ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

It’s not exactly like saying DA should have started. I don’t want PJ to potentially be a starter here. It’s just a tricky situation that Rhule put himself in. I’m pushing back against people that believe Corral can be a savior for the franchise. It’s Jimmy Clausen all over again

Maybe but we'd be dumb to keep 4 QBs longer than another week. Darnold or PJ gotta go. Corral has through next off-season to show he's coming along and can take the show over from Baker or he can be gone too.

22 minutes ago, lightsout said:

Maybe but we'd be dumb to keep 4 QBs longer than another week. Darnold or PJ gotta go. Corral has through next off-season to show he's coming along and can take the show over from Baker or he can be gone too.

Still think we are going to keep 4. PJ as a “special teams spot” in hopes that we can move darnold for something once injuries start happening to QB’s. 

Edited by Harbingers

23 hours ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

People sure are upset that Matt Corral looks exactly like the 3rd round draft pick that he is lol. I would honestly rather have PJ than him. 

I thought he looked decent compared to those around him.  He is a rookie and most of the guys he was playing with won't be on the Panthers roster.