• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Give me your ideal Panthers starting OL

Zod

1 minute ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

I checked out to a large degree during the offseason (too much Rhule made me sick to my stomach), do Bozeman and Corbett have multi year deals or can we cut them after this season without much loss?

Bozeman, one year only.

Corbett, I think two or three.

• Pie 2

Pretty obvious to me that it should be:

Icky - BC - Boze - Corbett - Moton.

Bummed about the Boze injury today, I didn't see it but Elflein is a weak point if he has to step in at C (or if we give him the job even with a healthy Boze, which is very possible).

• Pie 2

15 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Ekwonu, Christensen, Bozeman, Corbett, Moton

(next year's version of that might include Cade Mays somewhere along the interior)

I'd go with this.  Elf, Erving, and Jordan look much better as depth players (overpriced, but more aligned with their skillsets).  

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, Martin said:

I prefer Bozeman, but I wonder what Elflein looks like next to two competent guards. No C in the league would look good next to Jordan at LG.

I’m thinking we might draft a C high next year.

Ugh we could have had Creed Humphrey instead of Marshall. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

Panthers C Bradley Bozeman (ankle) was carted off the field at practice today.

He did walk over to the cart, but it's an ominous sign for an offensive line that was rough last year and doesn't have much in the way of depth. Pat Elflein would be the likely starter at center if Bozeman misses time due to injury. 

Sounds like the Bozeman injury isn't season threatening or anything, but it's still not a good sign for an offensive Interior which has given us zero confidence the last couple of years.

To me, Ekwonu, Christensen, Bozeman, Corbett, and Moton are the right choice, injuries nothing. 

I am disappointed Bozeman has not shown anymore separation from Elflein thus far, but I still think Bozeman has to be the better choice.

It's certainly not all doom and gloom, and I think the overall quality of the Oline will be much improved this year- unfortunately when you're starting at 31st that's not necessarily an indication of great things.

• Beer 1