• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PJ Expected to Start Tonight

Proudiddy

He's better than Darnold but that just isn't saying much. It's really about the fact that PJ Walker would most likely be on a practice squad somewhere and Sam Darnold would have been cut by the Jets and some other teams problem if we didn't have decision makers who have no idea how to evaluate quarterbacks. Corral might suck he might be good but any rookie is going to have an uphill battle with this staff imo.

• Beer 1

So, honestly, there are a couple of things here.

First, after seeing the scraps in practice this week between the two squads (and remembering that Cam's real career ending injury came from a jailbreak blitz by the Patriots in preseason), maybe it's good that NONE of the potential starters or second stringers see the field tonight. No reason to risk anything of value on a complete waste of time preseason game.

Secondly, it might not be Darnold they are trying to trade, but Walker. He's on a cheap, cheap, cheap one year deal and if he can look good enough, some team desperate for a back up might be willing to kick us a seventh round pick for him. 

Either way, I'm not getting mad about who isn't seeing the field tonight or seeing it first. The best thing that can come out of this is if there are no injuries.

• Pie 4

2 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Secondly, it might not be Darnold they are trying to trade, but Walker. He's on a cheap, cheap, cheap one year deal and if he can look good enough, some team desperate for a back up might be willing to kick us a seventh round pick for him. 

Either way, I'm not getting mad about who isn't seeing the field tonight or seeing it first. The best thing that can come out of this is if there are no injuries.

I'm pretty sure they'd rather have PJ on the practice squad as insurance than a future 7th round pick. Otherwise agree. Keep Darnold on ice til someone gets injured and we can unload him for $2-3M off the cap hit and a conditional late pick. 

Really hope Corral and PJ got all the walkthrough reps yesterday, I could see Rhule for some reason splitting them with Sam and Baker even though they aren't playing today

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Watch them keep 4 QBs…I think they might

That would be shocking to say the least.  It would mean an already thin team would have to give up a roster spot to make that happen.  Which spot do you give up for Darnold or PJ?

Edited by Jon Snow

Just now, Jon Snow said:

That would be shocking to say the least.  It would mean and already thin team would have to give up a roster spot to make that happen.  Which spot do you give up for Darnold or PJ?

Good question and I can’t imagine they do that but certainly possible.  

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

That would be shocking to say the least.  It would mean an already thin team would have to give up a roster spot to make that happen.  Which spot do you give up for Darnold or PJ?

I think Baker, Sam, and Corral make the official roster.  I think they cut PJ and bring him back to the practice squad. 

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

People are mad about the entire process TBH

Baker came in had to win the job. Everyone knew it was for show.

Sam's either the back up or cut. He's not gonna be our problem after this year. Less of a poo show than the Kalil experiment because imo. 

Corral is a rookie who fell to the third round because he ran a lot of RPO and people felt it would take time for how to adapt and adjust, and we have other positions that need to get reps and time that don't have the luxury of waiting for a QB to adjust and adapt alone.

I get not liking Rhule but this site's just echo-chambering itself into a frenzy over preseason and training camp.

Either we're cohesive or we're not as a team. We'll see when the season starts. This game will have almost NOTHING to add to that barring some freak injuries.

Edited by Rags
  • Pie 2
  • Flames 1