• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can we talk about Giovanni Ricci?

Khyber53

I'd take Ebron up on his offer, not that he's great but he's an improvement.  We've been hearing about Ian Thomas being so good for like 4 years now but he's had 1 game where he's done more than a damn bit of nothing.  No clue how he got 12 million dollars or whatever contract he got (Rhules dumbest probably). 

Just looked it up and Thomas has the 23rd highest contract for a tight end..... no clue how

Edited by toldozer
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, toldozer said:

Just looked it up and Thomas has the 23rd highest contract for a tight end..... no clue how

He was one of if not the first guy the FO re-upped this off season.

The reaction was as you’d expect around here.  Much wailing and rending of garments.  One huddlers head popped like that guy from scanners.

GIF by Giphy QA

6 minutes ago, toldozer said:

I'd take Ebron up on his offer, not that he's great but he's an improvement.  We've been hearing about Ian Thomas being so good for like 4 years now but he's had 1 game where he's done more than a damn bit of nothing.  No clue how he got 12 million dollars or whatever contract he got (Rhules dumbest probably). 

If you aren't sold on Ian Thomas then no way is Ebron who is another injury waiting to happen a viable answer.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

36 minutes ago, toldozer said:

Here's what I wonder about contracts like this:

Do vets in the locker room quietly resent a contract like Thomas's?  With the salary cap, the pot of money for all players to be paid out of is set. Every dollar your teammate gets is a dollar that can't go to you. Now the pot is big enough that if you believe that guy helps your team win, you don't begrudge him his money, because if you're in the NFL at all, you're hypercompetitive and you want to win. But what about contracts that clearly overpay players who haven't produced anything of value?

I'd love to hear what some modestly paid long time vets like say Brandon Zylstra think about Thomas's contract.  Heck we all know Chinn is gonna get paid when it's time, but right now Thomas makes more than Chinn does. Why? 

Don't tell me Thomas earned it. His numbers during his rookie contract were nothing special and more importantly, there is not a single statistical category that shows growth over the course of his four years. His best year was his rookie year and despite playing in every game since being drafted, his total catches and yards over his next two years matched and declined respectively his totals from his rookie year alone, while his avg yards per catch declined each year. What about any of this suggests a player worth investing in going forward?

What does giving him that contract say to Tremble? Hey don't worry about actually producing, we'll take care of you when the time comes.

21 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Hoping that Ricci makes Thompson expendable and they can use that roster spot elsewhere. Ricci does everything that Thompson does and more… he also does it better.

This is the way you have to look at it.  Ricci is (or was) on special teams, runs FG, Hback, TE--Swiss Army knife (I realize he is probably Italian though).

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Hoping that Ricci makes Thompson expendable and they can use that roster spot elsewhere. Ricci does everything that Thompson does and more… he also does it better.

Ricci doesnt make anyone expendable really. The team has him as a FB, we will still carry 3 TEs. Im hoping Babicz makes Thompson expendable.