• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

0-3. Is the leash that short?

RumHam

I truly think Tepper will wait until the end of the season. If the team finishes trending upward (even if they don’t make playoffs) Rhule will be retained. If they look worse as a team and don’t show progress then he will be fired.

1 minute ago, NAS said:

I truly think Tepper will wait until the end of the season. If the team finishes trending upward (even if they don’t make playoffs) Rhule will be retained. If they look worse as a team and don’t show progress then he will be fired.

Yeah I never understood the value of cutting a coach early. 

If we lose to start off the season to the Browns w/ Brissett and the Giants w/a new HC & Daniel Jones, we've got to let this college coach experiment end.  Then let that crazy sumbitch McAdoo ride this team into a high draft pick in the most entertaining way possible.

If a revenge game level-Baker, CMC, DJ can't do enough to put down a Browns team (who I'm sure even a mediocre defense can contain w/Jacoby), it's on coaching.  

Baker with the improved line gives us a chance in a lot of these games, after an easy start, we've got a tough stretch.  I'll tell you that if we weren't able to pull this Baker trade off, we'd be looking at 2-8/3-7 to start off easy and Rhule is gone.  Now, I'm unsure.  Especially if CMC stays healthy. 

This situation is insufferable knowing the HC is awful but we could still do well in spite of him.

• Pie 2

I mean, besides our bottom of the roster guys, the team has looked pretty good this preseason. I'm slightly shocked at the overreaction on the board after that game last night. Our 2s dominated their ones, all of who played well into the second quarter, and we had a 3rd string QBs, and back end of the roster WRs playing. I mean Kieth Kirkwood was a starter, he isn't even going to make the team.

• Pie 8
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

I mean, besides our bottom of the roster guys, the team has looked pretty good this preseason. I'm slightly shocked at the overreaction on the board after that game last night. Our 2s dominated their ones, all of who played well into the second quarter, and we had a 3rd string QBs, and back end of the roster WRs playing. I mean Kieth Kirkwood was a starter, he isn't even going to make the team.

You are right. I though the 2nd and 3rd string defense did great. New England's top 3 qbs all had significant starter experience. Jones had to play 3 series before he had a decent drive and by them we have a mix or second and third stringers on defense. Our rookies got a lot of work. Likewise their defensive starters played into the second quarter while we had our second and third string WRs out there and 2nd string line. Truth is except for mistakes our scrubs gave NE all they could handle

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1