• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule fired midseason - final poll thread

Matt Rhule fired midseason - final poll thread  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Will Rhule be fired during midseason?

I have no idea how this team will do this year.  I have hope.

That said, the only way Rhule is fired mid-season is:

• The team is 0-9 and generally not competitive
  • He is caught embezzling team funds
  • He is caught in a compromising position with Tepper's wife.

I'm not so sure the third one gets him fired.  Otherwise, if he warrants firing, it will be late in the season or once it is over.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • The D 1

7 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

I'd rather my team win than to be right about thinking the coach wasn't good. 

And I'm going to keep hoping the team wins each week while reserving the right to go back to calling for his job as things go south.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: If Rhule pulls off a miracle and turns this team around and into being winners, I'll admit I was wrong about him and support him from here on out. 

I would too but he continues to do stupid stuff. How does that change? How does that help our chances? He's going to f' something more up. It's coming.

I've already said on this here site that even I can feel Teppers trigger finger getting itchy.

I don't think Tepper wouldn't fire him mid season. I think that's more likely than a end of the season swan song. Cam didn't get that.

I think his a** is grass and he doesn't even know it yet.

Hopefully Tepp flies the jet up to Michigan ASAP.

Now we see what a coach like Belichick, McVay, Harbaugh is worth.

It's almost like you should start with the best coach and build from there.

We went and got a amateur football coach with a couple years of NFL experience, everybody else said...nah, we cool, didn't he make a phone call before signing as coach?

The fact that the Jets and Giants said no thanks told you all you need to know, he wasn't ready.

He brought his college playbook to the NFL.

Edited by rippadonn

1 hour ago, Sgt Schultz said:

I have no idea how this team will do this year.  I have hope.

That said, the only way Rhule is fired mid-season is:

• The team is 0-9 and generally not competitive
  • He is caught embezzling team funds
  • He is caught in a compromising position with Tepper's wife.

I'm not so sure the third one gets him fired.  Otherwise, if he warrants firing, it will be late in the season or once it is over.

I think BoA is where Rhule’s fate is determined.  

Think we currently own the longest home losing streak.   He has to win at home.   I mean if he loses to the Browns and Saints?  Imagine the narrative after the Tom Brady/Bucs game?  He can’t lose those 3 IMO. 

• Beer 1

18 minutes ago, CRA said:

I think BoA is where Rhule’s fate is determined.  

Think we currently own the longest home losing streak.   He has to win at home.   I mean if he loses to the Browns and Saints?  Imagine the narrative after the Tom Brady/Bucs game?  He can’t lose those 3 IMO. 

The heat certainly goes up if they lose both of those games.  Once again this year, they have a chance to start out 3-0, maybe 4-0 if Arizona decides to lay another egg against the Panthers.  That is a big opening stretch for them because the schedule does not get easier.

I've said this before, I'm not sold on the Steelers and the Seahawks are in full rebuild mode.  The problem is we play both of those teams late in the season, when their experienced coaching staffs had have a chance to steady things. 

But, yeah, some home wins would be rather important.  Especially since 4 of the first 5 are at home, and 5 of the first 7.

• Beer 1