• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Person: Panthers interested in trading for Jets WR Denzel Mims

TheSpecialJuan

Remember the days when the Huddle used to love posting about some WR struggling somewhere and we'd post about bringing them here? Yeah me too.

Anyway I liked Mims a lot coming out. Don't care if he doesn't wanna learn all the positions a WR can line up at really. And for the right price (E: read as Condtional 6th, I rly think he's gonna get cut.) I rly wouldn't mind the pick up at all. If he has coaching issues, I'd say reunite him with his old coach even if it were some other coach on some other team.

I really don't get the Rhule brining in players he's coached/players that know his scheme thing, it happens all across the league, all across sports leagues. Every player he's brought in have either been a decent FA signing or a late round draft pick, and with the exception of P.J. (who I only think has been around this long is because our QB depth sucks poo) have at the very least been solid back up material. Weird thing to grip abt.

Edited by Rags
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, saX man said:

No trades. Just no trades. 

I’m for one excited for the Moore-Robbie-Shi (X-Flanker-Slot) triad with Higgins coming in 4 WR sets. 

We good.

No trades for a WR, especially. We seem to have a pretty decent group on paper. Not even close to our biggest roster need.

If we deal for him, it will purely be a Rhule/Baylor thing.

• Pie 1

54 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Why do we keep trying to get players from the Jets? Their team has sucked for decades, they can't draft, they can't coach and they rarely win. 

I mean, if you want to become the Jets, this is how you do it.

Why not, and this might sound radical here, try to get modest performers from the good teams instead of modest performers from the bad teams? 

I dunno, Frankie Luvu seems like a pretty darn good Jets castoff. Are you just talking about Darnold? Or am I missing some others?

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, CRA said:

but it brings us back to the Jets just couldn't get it out of him but Matt Rhule totally can argument. 

See the source image

We're 1 for 2 on those. A lot of folks look at just Sam Darnold, but Frankie Luvu has worked out pretty well so far. :3

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, *FreeFua* said:

In my worthless opinion TMJ is more talented than Mims

Now one’s best ability is their availability but Mims has also had issues with missing time if I’m not mistaken  

Who the better pro is we have yet to see, unfortunately. Both were very intriguing prospects.

re: Mims injury history, he missed the first 6 games of his rookie season and then got a concussion in the final game. Otherwise, he's been available for every game (I could very well be wrong here).